For this Flower Coloring Experiment you will need:
- 24 hours
- white roses (you can use different kind of flowers but they must be white color 🙂
- flower vases
- food coloring(we picked blue and red)
1. Mix food paint with water.
2. Then pour it into the vase.
3. Cut flower’s stem at an angle, then put it in the vase
CONCLUSION: After 24 hours our roses changed their colors. As you can see in AFTER pictures they weren’t colored all the way, I think maybe because we had big flowers and they needed more time to change color. I explained to Anika that flowers drink water thru the stem, and if we add color to the water the flower will change their color.
Later we tried this experiment again. We used little flower this time. It turned into a beautiful blue flower.