Cod Fritters are one of the popular Spanish tapas. If you are like me, who for the longest time didn’t know what tapas are, until I googled it online, it is simply means Spanish appetizers.
These delicious Spanish cod fritters are so easy to make with this step by step video recipe.
- 1 lb salt cod, soaked for 24 hours with 2 water changes (we used regular wild-caught cod)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs devided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup olive oil, or more as needed for frying
- Place potato and cod into a pot, add enough water to cover them, add salt. Bring it to a boil, then cook on a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, remove cod from the pot, let it cook. Cook potato until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife. Remove from the pot, grab two forks and mash cod and potato.
- Add egg yokes, garlic, salt, ground pepper and parsley, Combine with a spoon.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer until doubled in size and soft peak forms.
- Carefully fold egg whites into potato mixture.
- Dump one tablespoon of cod mixture into a bowl with flour, roll it to create a fritter and place it on a tray.
- Heat the oil on medium-hight heat. When the oil is hot, add fritters and fry them for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden color. Remove and place them on a plate lined with paper towel. Serve warm with tapas or aioli sauce. Enjoy!
These cod fritters taste so good with eggs and bacon on a next day, just heat them in the skillet with little amount of water on a medium heat, add eggs, red bell peppers, cheese and garnish with baked bacon. Enjoy!
Q. -Did you like this Appetizer Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Q. -Do you want to see more yummy recipe? Subscribe to Munchkintime on the bottom of this post——->
Thank you for stopping by!