Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – incredibly delicious and can be made in just under 30 minutes. The perfect go-to recipe for any night of the week, these seasoned chicken thighs turn out juicy and tender every time!
Chicken is usually in our weekly meal rotation, and I think thighs are the way to go. They are tender and full of flavor and don’t require much in the way of prep. Perfect companion to homemade scalloped potatoes!
In this recipe, each chicken thigh is coated in a super flavorful homemade spice mix of brown sugar, paprika, chili, garlic, onion, and thyme. The spices give the chicken a real flavor boost!
You can choose to marinate the thighs until you are ready to cook them or bake them right away. Either way, the thighs will turn out juicy and mouth-watering!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this easy chicken thighs recipe!
See YOU there!!!
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – You’ll need 6 – 8 thighs for this recipe, depending on their size. Make sure to remove any visible fat.
- For the spice mix – Brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. This blend has a bit of a sweet and spicy BBQ flavor. You can always customize the mix to match your tastes.
- Avocado oil or butter – Oil gives some added flavor to the thighs and helps them to brown. I use avocado oil because it has a lower smoke point than olive oil. If you’re using butter, you can either melt it and pour it over the chicken or cut it into small cubes and dot it over the thighs before baking in the oven.
Scroll down to print this recipe and see how to bake chicken thighs in the oven.
How to Make Baked Chicken Thighs in the Oven
It’s simple to prepare and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
Step 1: Season the chicken. First, whisk the spice mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the chicken thighs and turn them around in the spices to make sure they are fully coated on both sides.
Step 2: Prepare to bake. When baking chicken thighs, I use a lined baking sheet with foil paper, or a seasoned cast iron skillet. Next, add the thighs to the baking sheet or skillet and pour over a small amount of avocado oil or melted butter.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Tips for Making this Recipe
- Switch up the spices. I’ve listed the spices that I love to use on my chicken thighs but go ahead and get creative when making your own spice mix. Leave things out, add things in – as long as it tastes delicious to you, you can’t go wrong!
- Create a charred look. If you’d like your thighs to have more of a BBQ charred look, you can pop them under the broiler for a minute or two after baking. Make sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Marinate Chicken Thighs Overnight?
If you want to get ahead in your prep, you can toss the chicken thighs in the seasoning the night before you are planning to serve them and then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake them.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Thighs?
You totally can, but I think chicken thighs are ultimately more flavorful and juicier than chicken breasts. When using chicken breasts, I suggest lowering the oven temperature and adjusting the cooking time as they have a tendency to dry out.
How Long Should I Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Oven?
Bake them at 425F for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. The best way to see if the chicken is done is to test the temperature with a kitchen thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat without going all the way through. The temperature should read 165F.
How Do I store Cooked Chicken Thighs?
Store leftover cooked chicken thighs in an airtight container inside the refrigerator for to 2-3 days.
What to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
There’s no end to delicious side dishes that go great with these chicken thighs. Some of my favorites are:
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Pasta and Cheese
- Loaded Potatoes with Cheese
- Cheesy mashed potatoes
How to Use Leftover Chicken Thighs
Leftovers! There are so many ways to use them:
- Chop them up and add to a salad
- Make spicy chicken salad sandwiches
- Add them to cheesy quesadillas
- Shred them and add them to a bowl of soup
- Make chicken fried rice
Check Out More DELICIOUS Dinner Recipes
30-min Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425F. In a mixing bowl whisk all of the spices except chicken thighs and oil.
- Add chicken thighs to the bowl and coat both sides.
- Using a cast iron skillet or a baking sheet lined with foil paper, add chicken thighs and pour 1/4 cup of avocado oil or butter over the meat.Bake for 20-30 minutes (flipping on the other side once) or until chicken is cooked thru and reads 165F when using thermometer. Serve with Scalloped Potatoes, enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Oven Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!