Looking for healthy breakfast idea?!?
Make this classic 5-Ingredient Spanish Omelette. Made of 5 simple ingredients like golden potatoes, cage-free eggs, ripe tomatoes, onion, fresh parsley, and of coarse salt and pepper.
This breakfast skillet dish is super filling, really delicious, and it is perfect for Sunday brunch.
I am a huge potato lover, and would eat anything that has potato like potato hash, fried potato, or potato pie. My hubby on other hand is not like me, and to tell you the truth he is not a big fan of this dish, so whenever I crave something starchy and make Spanish Omelette for breakfast, I make sure to add some kind of meat like ham or bacon, extra bacon. That is the only way my hubby enjoys this dish for breakfast. I don’t blame this guy, caus men want meat in everything they eat. Right ladies?!?
Now scroll down to see how to make this classic Spanish Omelette.
This Classic Spanish Omelette is a keeper! So simple and so delicious. Beautiful dish to make for Sunday Brunch.
- 1 lb potato/ 3 medium potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 8 -10 eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Heat olive oil in the cast iron skillet on a medium heat. Add potato and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, or until potato softens, stirring frequently.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Gently spoon out potato into the bowl, give it a stir.
- Return potato back to the skillet.
- Add sliced tomatoes, then carefully put the skillet inside the oven and broil it 8 inches from the top, for about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350F, then place the skillet on the middle rack and cook Spanish Omelette until eggs are not runny.
- Remove from the oven and let it set for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges, garnish with parsley and serve with salsa or sour cream. Enjoy!
Huge Thank You goes to Fred Meyer Stores for sponsoring this recipe!
Add sliced tomatoes, then carefully put the skillet inside the oven and broil it 8 inches from the top, for about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350F, then place the skillet on the middle rack and cook Spanish Omelette until eggs are not runny.
Q. Did you like this 5-Ingredient Spanish Omelette Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by!
Don’t miss another great recipe subscribe to Munchkintime on the bottom of this post ——->
Quote Of The Day
Have a wonderful day!