Hi dear friend!
I don’t know why but lately I have craved a lot of sea food.
No, I am not pregnant. 🙂
Just want to prepare you for some serious sea food recipe over load. 🙂
Today, I want to share with you this refreshing and super zesty and delicious Cilantro-Jalapeno Grilled Shrimp Recipe.
Made of amazingly yummy and good for you ingredients like cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice, jalapeño peppers, shrimp, olive oil and served with fresh mango salad.
Now let me tell you about that mango salad. It will surprise you with its flavor.
It’s sweet and spicy, zesty and crunchy, healthy and refreshing at the same time.
I really enjoyed this delicious salad, specially trying new ingredient that I never tried before called Jicama.
Now scroll down to see how to make Cilantro-Jalapeno Grilled Shrimp.
Cilantro-Jalapeno Grilled Shrimp
- 8 oz fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells peel & devein
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cilantro washed
- 1/4 cup squeezed lime juice
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers seeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium mango peeled and cut into small strips
- 1 cup jicama peeled and cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber sliced
- salt to taste
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw shrimp by putting it in a cold water.
- Now lets make our marinade: In a blender blend cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno peppers and olive oil. Reserve 2 tablespoons for mango salad.
- To make mango salad: In a medium size mixing bowl combine mango, cucumber, jicama, red onion, 2 tablespoons of cilantro marinade and season with salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Mix and set aside.
- Dry shrimps with a paper towel. Place shrimp in a bowl and add cilantro marinade. Marinade for 20 minutes. Thread 3 shrimp into 10 inch skewers. Grill on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat, for about 4 minutes on each side, or until shrimp is cooked.
- Serve with mango salad. Enjoy
To make mango salad: In a medium size mixing bowl combine mango, cucumber, jicama, red onion, 2 tablespoons of cilantro marinade and season with salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Mix and set aside.
Don’t miss another great recipe subscribe to Munchkintime on your right ——->
Huge Thank You going to Fred Meyer Stores for sponsoring this recipe!
Thank you for stopping by!
Quote of the Day
Have a blessing day!