Best Zucchini Cake Recipe Ever – I love zucchini!
I did not know that you can make a cake out of zucchini I wish someone could told me that earlier.
This chocolate zucchini cake recipe turns out PERFECT. It is moist and delicious. It is chocolaty and chewy from the broiled coconut topping.
My family and friends loved this zucchini cake recipe I am sure you will love it too.
If YOU want more Easy Recipes Updates come over & follow Munchkin Time on my favorite social media, where I share Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
How to Make Zucchini Cake Recipe:
With a mixer mix butter, oil and sugar for 1 minute or until smooth.
Add one egg then mix, then add another one and mix it again.
In a big bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon then add the mixture to the batter one cup at a time mixing it well after each cup.
(She always gets excited when she sees mama baking)
Pour in the cake batter into baking pans and bake at 325F for 45 minutes or until it is baked thru.
Lets make our topping for the cake:
While cake is baking, in a small bowl combine coconut, butter, sugar and milk.
Q. – Do YOU like this Zucchini Cake Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
—>Click Here for Easy Cake Recipes<—–
Best Zucchini Cake Recipe Ever
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- 1 cup flacked coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
- 1/4 cup milk
- caramel for drizzle
- With a hand mixer wisk butter, oil and sugar for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add one egg mix, then add another one and mix it again.
- Add vanilla.
- In a big bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon then add the mixture to the batter one cup at a time mixing it well after each cup.
- Add buttermilk.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Grease baking pans with avocado oil or butter.
- Pour the cake batter into two 7 inch baking pans and bake at 325F for 45 minutes or until it is baked thru.
- While cake is baking, in a small bowl combine coconut, butter, sugar and milk.
- Let the cake cool off. Spread the 1/2 of coconut mixture over the 1st cake layer and drizzle caramel over the top, add second layer and spread the rest of the coconut mixture over the cake, place it in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel over the cake, cut a slice and enjoy!
If YOU make Recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cake Buttermilk, PLEASE hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, I would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
Top with caramel or cocoa (100% optional).
What is your favorite dessert?
Also check out our popular Chocolate Cake by clicking HERE —-> Delicate Chocolate Cake “Spartak”
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have an amazing day!
I love vegetables in cake, makes me feel like I’m being healthy haha! Never had zucchini cake before, but it looks yummy!
Thank you Michelle! Me too, I kinda love the idea having vegetables inside the cakes.
Love that there’s zucchini in this cake! Good way to get some extra veggies 🙂 Also, the coconut + caramel topping sounds completely amazing!
Thank you Jessica! It was my first zucchini cake and it tasted so good.
Great idea to add zucchini in a cake. I have never baked with zucchini before but I can imagine how delicious and moist this cake must have been. Thanks for the awesome recipe and idea!
Thank you for stopping by Thalia! It was my 1st time baking with zucchini and it turned out delicious and it didn’t tasted like there was zucchini inside the cake. You should give it a try.