Watermelon Salad Recipe – this easy fruit salad is a sweet and refreshing treat for summer. Made with watermelon, berries, and a zesty syrup, you can whip it up in minutes for a crowd-pleasing dessert or side dish.
When I think of summer, I picture fresh fruit, an array of berries, and sweet, bright flavors. This easy Watermelon Salad Recipe has it all! It tastes fresh and vibrant while serving as a crowd-pleasing favorite at brunches and BBQs alike.
The salad is made with watermelon, summer berries, cherries, and a zesty dressing to load freshness into every bite. A garnish of chopped fresh mint pulls all of the flavors together while chia seeds make it a touch more filling. With a little whipped cream and Angel Food Cake on the side, this summer fruit salad shines brightly.
How to pick the best watermelon
Watermelons are in season from July until September usually. It’s a great time to head to your local farmer’s market and pick out a ripe and delicious melon.
While you’re shopping, look for a melon that feels heavy for its size, looks ripe and shiny, and sounds hollow when you tap on it.
Fruit salad dressing
We need a little something to bring all of the flavors from the sweet fruit and berries together.
Unlike my Easy Fruit Salad, the dressing in this recipe is made with just 2 ingredients: lime juice and agave syrup. It’s a simple and bright dressing that adds a little zest to each bite.
Watermelon mint salad ingredients
This watermelon recipe combines lots of fresh fruit, a simple and sweet dressing, and a few garnishes. All of the ingredients are very flexible – add as much or as little as you want! This is what you need to make a watermelon fruit salad:
- Lime juice
- Agave syrup
- Chia seeds
If YOU make Refreshing Watermelon Salad Recipe, would YOU take a picture and hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, I would LOVE to see your creation.Thank you!
How to make fruit salad with watermelon
Step 1: Add the chopped fruit and the berries to a large bowl or serving plate.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the watermelon fruit salad and garnish with chia seeds and mint. Stir it all together, then enjoy!
Tips and substitutions
- Mix up the fruit or add more ingredients if you like! Grapes, basil, honeydew, kiwis, peaches, or mango would all be delicious additions.
- If you don’t have agave syrup, use honey or maple syrup instead.
- Is the salad not sweet enough? Sprinkle some granulated sugar over top until you reach the desired level of sweetness.
Can fruit salad be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can chop up everything and store the prepped fruit in separate containers in the fridge up to 2 days in advance. When it’s time to serve, assemble the salad, pour the dressing over top, and add the garnishes.
The leftovers can be stored in the fridge. Try to eat them up quickly or else the salad will become very liquidy and mushy the longer it sits.
More refreshing summer recipes
Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 5 cups watermelon cubed
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup cherries seed removed & sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup you can also use maple syrup or honey instead
- few mint leaves chopped for garnish
- chia seeds for garnish
- organic sugar for extra sweetness, 100% optional
- In a big bowl or a plate, combine 5 cups of chopped watermelon, 2 cups of sliced strawberries, 1 cup of sliced cherries, 1 cup of raspberries, and 1 cup of blueberries.
- Using a little bowl mix together the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon agave syrup. Pour the dressing over the fruit salad. Sprinkle with chia seeds and chopped mint. Enjoy!
Q. Do you like this Watermelon Salad Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Have an awesome day!
This post was updated on September 15, 2022. The recipe is still the same.