Chicken Madeira - This Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe has luscious bites of juicy chicken breasts, creamy sauce, buttery vegetables, and melted cheese.
– 2 chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise and pound between plastic wrap or zip bag – salt & pepper to taste – 4 tablespoons flour divided - 2 tablespoons for sauce – 4 tablespoons butter divided – 1 tablespoon olive oil – 16 oz mushrooms sliced – 2-3 clove garlic minced – 2 cups Madeira Wine sweet white wine – 2 cups chicken broth – 1 lb asparagus trimmed and blanched – 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese – parsley finely chopped, for garnish
– Heat two tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken, add in 1 tablespoon of butter then add sliced mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste, cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
– Transfer mushrooms on to a plate. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and garlic, saute for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons of flour and saute for another minutes, stirring the whole time.
– Slowly pour in the Madeira wine whisking continuously to combine with flour mixture, then add chicken broth, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring few times. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
– Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pan. Sprinkle with cheese and broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley. Serve with cooked buckwheat and blanched asparagus.
– How to blanch asparagus: Fill a pot with water and add 1 tablespoon of salt, bring to a boil. Add trimmed asparagus and boil uncovered until tender and bright green 2-3 minutes then remove and set aside until ready for serving.