Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Baked eggplant parmesan with delicious cheese and tomato sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 28 oz. Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 eggplant thinly sliced, about 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil plus more for frying
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- chopped parsley or basil for ganish
Preheat the oven to 400F. To prepare eggplant, into 1st bowl add flour and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Using 2nd bowl, beat 1 egg with 1/2 cup milk. In 3rd bowl place 1 cup of bread crumbs.
Now, coat each side of eggplant slices in flour mixture, follow by egg mixture and then bread crumbs. After place them on a plate.
Over medium/high heat, heat about 3 tablespoons of avocado oil in large skillet. Cooking in batches, add eggplant slices and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden color - adding more oil as needed. Remove to a paper towel. Repeat until all eggplant slices are fried.
Using a baking dish, spread 1/2 of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish. Then place eggplant slices over the top. Spread the rest of the tomato sauce over each eggplant slice and cover it with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes on a middle rack, or until cheese is melted and has a golden color on top. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or basil. Serve with pasta of your choice. Enjoy!
If YOU make this Eggplant Parmesan Recipe, would YOU take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @MuirGlen & @MunchkinTimeBlog. We would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
- For best result slice eggplant into super thin slices about 1/4-inch.
- Skip frying step by baking eggplant slices at 450F for about 7 minutes, after coating it with breadcrumbs, make sure to grease the baking pan with avocado oil.
- Makes 2 baking sheets of Eggplant Parmesan if layered single layer. It can also be layered.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 2mg