Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe - creamy soup with fresh greens, potato, carrot and croutons. Perfect freezer friendly soup recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of your choice
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 3 medium potatoes cubed - about 2 cups
- 2 cups yellow split peas rinsed
- 8 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric I like to use this spice because of amazing health benefits
- 2 dry bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
Turn Instant Pot (this is the one I have!) on saute mode, pour in 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1 chopped onion & 2 minced garlic cloves. Saute for about 10 minutes, stirring few times.
After add 2 chopped carrots, 3 cubed potatoes, 2 cups of yellow split peas, 8 cups of chicken broth, 2 bay leaves and season with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
Give it a good stir and cover the lid, place the pressure release thingy on a Sealing Position.
Press on Soup/Stew mode or cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, let the pressure release naturally for another 15 minutes. Open the lid, stir and season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Blend soup until creamy texture.
Serve with fresh chopped greens of your choice, a little oil drizzle & croutons. Enjoy!
When YOU make this Split Pea Soup Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & I will feature it here under this recipe!
Hi! All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- Feel free to add your favorite soup spices instead of turmeric.
- If YOU don't like thick soups, add less split peas like 1 cup of split peas instead of 2 cups.
- You can also serve this soup with Homemade Bread and crispy bacon.
- This split pea soup is freezer friendly.
- Store leftover soup in airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 2074kcal | Carbohydrates: 343g | Protein: 116g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 7100mg | Fiber: 122g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 21642IU | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 512mg | Iron: 40mg