Easy Beef And Rice Pilaf Instant Pot
Easy Beef And Rice Pilaf Instant Pot - delicious beef flavored rice pilaf cooked in instant pot.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
- 6 slices bacon sliced
- 2 cups onion diced, about 1 big onion
- 1-2 lb beef stew beef or chuck, cut into 1 inch bite pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or any oil of your choice
- 2 teaspoons Montereal Steak Spice or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 cups carrots cut into thick strips
- 2 cups long grain rice washed, I also love using Jasmine rice!
Turn Instant Pot on "SAUTE" mode. Add bacon pieces and cook for 5 minutes, stirring few times. Next add 2 cups of diced onion and cook/stir for another 5 minutes (If you don't like cooking with bacon grease, now it will be a good time to take a spoon and remove it from the Instant Pot. I personally like to cook with bacon grease!) .
Now, add beef and stir. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 teaspoons Montereal Steak Spice, 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon coriander and 2 1/2 cup of water. Place 2 bay leaves over the top and give it a nice stir.
Cover & lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Cook on Meat/Stew Mode for 30 minutes. After Quick Release the pressure and add 2 cups of carrots and 2 cups of washed rice to the top of the meat. Do Not Stir.
Close and lock the lid. Cook on Meat/Stew Pressure for 5 minutes. Natural Release the Pressure for 15 minutes.
After open the lid and give the beef and rice a nice stir. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with Easy Greek Salad Recipe. Enjoy!
When YOU make this Easy Rice Pilaf Recipe take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & I would love to see your creation & feature it here under this recipe.
Hi! All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- Use your favorite meat spices when making rice pilaf with beef.
- Store leftovers in airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3 days. Rice pilaf tastes amazing when reheated in the skillet with eggs and cheese next day.
- Add whole unpeeled garlic ON TOP of uncooked rice, top removed for that EXTRA garlic flavor right before closing the instant pot. I always do this when having garlic on hands.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1012mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7128IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg