Garlic Butter Dungeness Crab Recipe
Juicy tender Dungeness crab meat served with the best garlic butter sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
- 3 Dungeness Crabs cleaned
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or any oil of your choice
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 2 lemons one sliced, one cut into wedges
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- 1 lb brussels sprouts cleaned
- 1-2 lb golden baby potatoes with skin on cooked until soft about 10-15 minutes
- cilantro chopped or any greens of your choice
- salt & pepper to taste
Cook baby potatoes for about 10-15 minutes or until soft. While potatoes are cooking clean 3 Dungeness Crabs.
It is super easy to clean Dungeness Crab at home, in this post you will learn how I like to clean Dungeness crab. So for step #2, clean your Dungeness crab using these instructions. Now, preheat the oven to 350F. Melt 3/4 cup butter with 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute on medium heat. Pour in 1/2 cup white wine and bring it to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
Place sliced lemons on a sheet pan, then put 3 clean Dungeness Crabs on top of the lemons.
In a mixing bowl, combine brussels sprouts & 2 tablepsoons of butter garlic mixture, mix until each brussels sprout is coated in buttery mixture, then add them to the sheet pan next to the crabs. Repeat this step with cooked baby potatoes.
Once everything is added to the sheet pan, pour the butter garlic sauce over the crabs and season everything with Old Bay Seasoning, salt & pepper to taste. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Pour buttery liquid from the sheet pan into a small bowl and use it as a dipping sauce. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Serve Dungeness Crab with chopped cilantro and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
When YOU make this Easy Dungeness Crab Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog or hashtag #munchkintimeblog & I will feature it here under this recipe!
Hi! All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- Skip cleaning Dungeness crab, by asking to clean it at the store, free of charge in a seafood department.
- Use any other spices that you love when cooking seafood like Tony Chachere's Creole Original Seasoning.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the Dungeness crab before eating, the lemon will make the crab flavor pop. Dip crab meat into buttery sauce and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 697mg | Potassium: 1010mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2029IU | Vitamin C: 132mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 3mg