Easy Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Easy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Recipe - bursting with the most delicious Mexican Flavor of jalapeño, tomatoes, avocados, lime and hot pepper sauce. Perfect Shrimp Cocktail Recipe for Christmas party or Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tomato & clam juice cocktail (Clamato Juice) store-bought or homemade-recipe below
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup freshly sueezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro + more for serving chopped
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado chopped
Clamato Juice Recipe
- 1 cup tomato juice unsweetened
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Cook Raw Shrimp
To cook raw shrimp, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once water starts boiling add shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate to cool.
Reserve 5-7 shrimp for garnish, by placing them on a plate, covering with plastic wrap and placing them inside the fridge until ready for use.
Chop the rest of the shrimp into tiny bite-size pieces.
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail
In a mixing bowl, wisk until everything is combined - Clamato juice, ketchup, lime juice, cilantro and hot sauce to taste.
Into this bowl add cooked chopped shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno & red onion. Gently mix until ingredients are well combined.
Cover and chill inside the fridge for about 1-3 hours before serving. Right before serving stir in 1 chopped avocado. Serve inside clear glass. Garnish with reserved cooked shrimp and cilantro. Enjoy!
When YOU make this Easy Shrimp Cocktail Recipe PLEASE take a picture and email it to [email protected] and I will feature it under this recipe.
- Thaw frozen raw shrimp in a cold water or by placing the bag in the fridge over the night.
- Feel free to buy already cooked shrimp for this recipe and thaw them in the cold water.
- Feel free to purchase store bought Clamato Juice at your local grocery store (I prefer making mine from scratch).
- If you like celery, add 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery to the Shrimp Cocktail, for that extra kick.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1540mg | Potassium: 1782mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 3493IU | Vitamin C: 127mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg