Cheese Steak Chimichangas Recipe
Super delicious Cheese Steak Chimichangas Recipe, warning this is not an authentic recipe. This is one of the ways I like to make Cheesy Beef Chimichangas for my family.
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak sliced into thin slices about 1/2 inch long
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning or to taste
- 8 slices American white cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese grated, or use any cheese of your choice
- 6 raw or cooked tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- salsa, sour cream & cilantro for serving
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Using a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and working in batches, add steak slices and cook for 5-7 minutes or until meat is cooked thru. Stirring few times. Transfer beef to a colander to drain and return it back to the skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and season with 1 tablespoon montreal spice, or to taste. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts.
If you are using raw tortillas, cook them according to the package. Place cooked steak on tortilla and fold it into chimichanga form.
Brush with melted butter and bake for about 15- 20 minutes or until crispy texture. Serve with salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy!
When YOU make this Cheese Steak Chimichangas Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & I will feature it here under this recipe!
Hi! All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- Use left over grilled Carne asada meat to make these chimichangas.
- Warm tortillas before wrapping them, I like to warm them in the skillet on a high heat for few seconds. It makes wrapping so much easier when tortillas are warm.
- These chimichangas can be air fried too, brush them with melted butter before adding them to the Air Fryer, then air fry them for 8-10 minutes on 400F.
- Air fry frozen chimichangas by wrapping them in foil and air frying them on on 400F for about 18-20 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 3mg