Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
Easy Fruit Salad Recipe - made with a colorful mix of citrus fruits, grapes, and berries before being dressed in an easy homemade syrup and fresh mint leaves. Serve some with a dollop of vanilla yogurt or whipped cream for a luscious finish.
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey or 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon cold water
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 2 cups red grapes
- 2 cans mandarin drained
- 1 cup rasberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- mint for garnish
Using a saucepan, bring orange juice, lemon juice, and honey to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour in cornstarch mixture, simmer for another minute or two, stirring few times. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Place the fruit in a large bowl. Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit. Serve in small clear cups or in a big bowl, garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy!
Tips and substitutions
- Serve this fruit salad with whipped cream or ice cream for a luscious finish.
- Change up the fruit! Add in chopped pineapple, cherries, bananas, blueberries, apples, and more.
- If you want to add sliced bananas into the salad, mix them in right before serving so they won’t turn brown.
- Juice the oranges and lemons yourself if you can! This will help your syrup taste its best.
- To make this fruit salad vegan, replace the honey with maple syrup or agave.
- Try to cut all of the fruit into evenly sized pieces. This will make for easy eating and a nice presentation.
- I don’t recommend using frozen fruit instead of fresh. Once it thaws, frozen fruit turns mushy and has lots of excess liquid. The salad just won’t taste as good.
Hi! All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Calories: 106kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 297mgFiber: 3gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 417IUVitamin C: 60mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg