One Pot Meal - Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stew Recipe
Easy chicken stew recipe - made of the finest organic veggies like mushrooms, zucchinis, potatoes and carrots.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 lb organic chicken thighs sliced into small cubes, about 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 small zucchini diced
- 5 cups golden potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes, about 5 potatoes
- 5 cups chicken broth more if needed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Mrs.Dash Original Seasoning or your favorite chicken stew seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- any greens for garnish, I used frozen kale
Using a dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 lb of chicken thigh pieces and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring few times.
Next, add 1 chopped onion and 1 tablespoon of butter, saute for 5 minutes stirring few times.
After add the rest of the veggies, 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms, 2 grated carrots and 2 cubed zucchini, stir and saute for 5-7 minutes. Stirring few times.
Now, add 5 cups of cubed golden potatoes, 5 cups of chicken broth (I use Homemade Chicken Broth), 2 bay leaves & season with 1 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs.Dash Original Seasoning. Bring everything to a boil.
Cover with a lid & simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes. If needed, season more with salt and pepper. Finally garnish stew chicken with chopped greens. Enjoy with Cucumber Sandwiches.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 765mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2120IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg