Easy Stew Chicken Recipe (Easy One Pot Meal) – this easy chicken stew recipe is made of the finest organic veggies like mushrooms, zucchinis, potatoes and carrots.
This warm comforting stew recipe is amazing after a long family vacation, fun summer camp or on a cold winter day.
When YOU make this Chicken Stew Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & hashtag #munchkintimeblog . I would love to see YOUR creation & feature it here under this recipe!
Both chicken soup and chicken stew are a combination of cut veggies & chicken in broth. What makes these 2 hearty & warm dishes different from each other is the amount of liquid that’s cooked for each meal. Stews contains less liquid than soup.
How to Make Chicken Stew Recipe:
Cover with a lid & simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes. If needed, season more with salt and pepper.
Finally garnish stew chicken with chopped greens. Enjoy with Cucumber Sandwiches.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
One Pot Meal - Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 lb organic chicken thighs sliced into small cubes, about 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 small zucchini diced
- 5 cups golden potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes, about 5 potatoes
- 5 cups chicken broth more if needed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Mrs.Dash Original Seasoning or your favorite chicken stew seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- any greens for garnish, I used frozen kale
- Using a dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 lb of chicken thigh pieces and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring few times.
- Next, add 1 chopped onion and 1 tablespoon of butter, saute for 5 minutes stirring few times.
- After add the rest of the veggies, 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms, 2 grated carrots and 2 cubed zucchini, stir and saute for 5-7 minutes. Stirring few times.
- Now, add 5 cups of cubed golden potatoes, 5 cups of chicken broth (I use Homemade Chicken Broth), 2 bay leaves & season with 1 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs.Dash Original Seasoning. Bring everything to a boil.
- Cover with a lid & simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes. If needed, season more with salt and pepper. Finally garnish stew chicken with chopped greens. Enjoy with Cucumber Sandwiches.
Q. Do YOU like this Stew Chicken Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by!
Quote Of The Day
(Meet my gorgeous friend Lily from LilyArdor.com!)
Have a crazy awesome day!