30-min Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – perfect go-to recipe for any night of the week, these seasoned chicken thighs turn out juicy and tender every time!
Chicken is usually in our weekly meal rotation, and I think thighs are the way to go. They are tender and full of flavor and don’t require much in the way of prep. Perfect companion to homemade scalloped potatoes!
In this recipe, each chicken thigh is coated in a super flavorful homemade spice mix of brown sugar, paprika, chili, garlic, onion, and thyme. The spices give the chicken a real flavor boost!
You can choose to marinate the thighs until you are ready to cook them or bake them right away. Either way, the thighs will turn out juicy and mouth-watering!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this easy chicken thighs recipe!
Now scroll down to get Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe & if YOU want more Easy Recipes Updates come over & follow Munchkin Time on my favorite social media, where I share Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – here is what you will need to make it:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – You’ll need 6 – 8 thighs for this recipe, depending on their size. Make sure to remove any visible fat.
- For the spice mix – Brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. This blend has a bit of a sweet and spicy BBQ flavor. You can always customize the mix to match your tastes.
- Avocado oil or butter – Oil gives some added flavor to the thighs and helps them to brown. I use avocado oil because it has a lower smoke point than olive oil. If you’re using butter, you can either melt it and pour it over the chicken or cut it into small cubes and dot it over the thighs before baking in the oven.
Scroll down to print this recipe and see how to bake chicken thighs in the oven.
How to Make Baked Chicken Thighs in the Oven
It’s simple to prepare and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
Step 1: Season the chicken. First, whisk the spice mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the chicken thighs and turn them around in the spices to make sure they are fully coated on both sides.
Step 2: Prepare to bake. When baking chicken thighs, I use a lined baking sheet with foil paper, or a seasoned cast iron skillet. Next, add the thighs to the baking sheet or skillet and pour over a small amount of avocado oil or melted butter.
Step 3: Bake. After, bake the thighs for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping on the other side once. You’ll know the chicken is done when they reach 165F on a kitchen thermometer.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Tips for Making this Recipe
- Switch up the spices. I’ve listed the spices that I love to use on my chicken thighs but go ahead and get creative when making your own spice mix. Leave things out, add things in – as long as it tastes delicious to you, you can’t go wrong!
- Create a charred look. If you’d like your thighs to have more of a BBQ charred look, you can pop them under the broiler for a minute or two after baking. Make sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Marinate Chicken Thighs Overnight?
If you want to get ahead in your prep, you can toss the chicken thighs in the seasoning the night before you are planning to serve them and then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake them.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Thighs?
You totally can, but I think chicken thighs are ultimately more flavorful and juicier than chicken breasts.
When using chicken breasts, I suggest lowering the oven temperature and adjusting the cooking time as they have a tendency to dry out.
How Long Should I Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Oven?
Bake them at 425F for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
The best way to see if the chicken is done is to test the temperature with a kitchen thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat without going all the way through. The temperature should read 165F.
How Do I store Cooked Chicken Thighs?
Store leftover cooked chicken thighs in an airtight container inside the refrigerator for to 2-3 days.
What to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
There’s no end to delicious side dishes that go great with these chicken thighs. Some of my favorites are:
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Pasta and Cheese
- Loaded Potatoes with Cheese
- Cheesy mashed potatoes
How to Use Leftover Chicken Thighs
Leftovers! There are so many ways to use them:
- Chop them up and add to a salad
- Make spicy chicken salad sandwiches
- Add them to cheesy quesadillas
- Shred them and add them to a bowl of soup
- Make chicken fried rice
Check Out More DELICIOUS Dinner Recipes
New York Strip Steak Grill Recipe
Cheesy Hot Beef Sandwich Recipe
30-min Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs fat removed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or butter
- Preheat the oven to 425F. In a mixing bowl whisk all of the spices except chicken thighs and oil.
- Add chicken thighs to the bowl and coat both sides.
- Using a cast iron skillet or a baking sheet lined with foil paper, add chicken thighs and pour 1/4 cup of avocado oil or butter over the meat.Bake for 20-30 minutes (flipping on the other side once) or until chicken is cooked thru and reads 165F when using thermometer. Serve with Scalloped Potatoes, enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Oven Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
—>Click Here for Side Dish Recipes<—
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!
Good recipe. My family all liked it. I agree with a previous post that it is hard to read recipe because of ads blocking your page.
I love this recipe and yet I get frustrated and annoyed when I come back to your site to make the recipe and I can hardly read it because it is blocked by so many ads, If you want people to come back, you need to tone it down with the ads.
My Husband and I both love this recipe. We have it once a week. The seasonings are spot on. Thank You.
Made this last night & it was delicious! Nice to have a quick meal prep that is company worthy. I save the print screen of the recipe on my phone, but the BACK button does not work to take me back into the website so I can view more of your recipes.
Thank you, Dorothy! Let me see if I can fix that.
Made this for dinner tonight. It was easy and delicious. I’ll be making this again soon
Thank you, Leanne!
Excellent. Easy to make. Husband & I both loved the recipe. Will be making again and again and again.
Thank you, Maureen!
My entire family loved the recipe. My son kept asking what seasoning did you use, this is amazing! Thank you for a great dinner option.
I am so happy to hear this, Britney!
This was a hit. Everyone went back for seconds. I will definitely be making this again.
Thank you Scott for giving this recipe a try and for your awesome recipe review!
This was by far one of the best chicken recipes I have had in awhile. I did forget onion powder and used butter but it was still awesome. My husband said definitely a repeat
Thank you so much Laura! I am so happy you & your husband like this recipe!
This chicken recipe is amazing! I’ve made it twice now and plan to keep it in a regular rotation.
Thank you, Kelsey!
Is yummy and so much flavor so quckly!! My boyfriend loves it too! Will be in regular rotation.
Thank you Marianna! I am so happy you and your boyfriend loves this recipe! Thank you for your awesome recipe review!
Excellent. I cooked in a cast iron skillet almost exactly per recipe (only had about a teaspoon of thyme). Very tasty and easy. The smoked paprika really made it stand out. I will be making this again.
Thank you so much for your awesome recipe review, GK! So happy you liked this chicken thighs recipe!
Made recipe exactly as instructed. Absolutely delicious! Hubby who claims he doesn’t like chicken raved about its delicious flavor. Wrote it down so I don’t forget to make again & again! Thank you for this wonderful easy & delicious recipe!!!
Thank you so much Kathy for an amazing feedback and a recipe review! So happy your hubby liked this recipe, too.
OMG…these chicken thighs are fabulous! My husband was nuts about them! Thank you.
You are welcome, Elaine!
This is my new go-to dinner for chicken. My family loves it and it is so quick and easy.
Thank you, Nana! I am so happy to hear this!
Super easy to make. I batch baked a large pack of chicken thighs and they all went – even being asked to ‘keep the recipe’. A lovely quick mid-week supper. Thanks!
You are welcome, Carol!
Husband said this is a definite keeper and he’s ready to hop in the car to the grocery for more chicken thighs. 😆🤣 This was delicious. The only think I might change is to use hot paprika instead for some more spice. We like things hot.
Thanks for the great recipe!
Thank you, KyLynn! Hot paprika sounds nice and hot 😀
These are a favorite of our family! We eat over rice with a drizzle of honey which goes really well with this reasoning blend! And some sautéed spicy broccoli on the side!
So happy to hear this Devon! Sounds incredibly delicious, thank you for sharing!
They were over powered by the thyme, otherwise very tender and good. I will make again with 1/2 of the thyme called for, maybe less.
Thank you Chris for your feedback!