Easy Greek Salad Recipe – made of romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, delicious goat feta cheese, red onion, and amazing homemade salad dressing!
When YOU make Easy Greek Salad Recipe, PLEASE hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
This easy Greek salad recipe is hands down one of my favorites. Maybe it’s the salty feta or the briny olives combined with the crunchiness of the cucumbers and juicy tomatoes, or maybe it’s the zesty vinaigrette it’s tossed in.
Whatever it is that makes a Greek salad so good, I’m here for it!
Whether you’re getting your veggies from your garden or your local market, as long as you’ve got fresh produce, you can make the best Greek salad.
Pair it with Greek-Style Chicken Thighs or Chicken Shashlik for a Greek-style meal! Serve it on the side of Greek Chicken Gyros or Grilled Chicken Pitas or use it inside as a filling.
The options are endless for this homemade Greek salad recipe!
What is a Greek Salad?
Despite the many versions of Greek salad that include lettuce (like this one), traditional Greek salad is actually made without it. If you’re interested in a more traditional version, you’ll love my homemade Greek cucumber salad recipe.
It’s a combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced red onions, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Then it’s drizzled with olive oil, oregano, and salt. It’s easy to make and so colorful, refreshing, and delicious!
There can be additions like avocado, capers, bell peppers, and of course, lettuce too!
Greek Salad Ingredients
For the Greek Salad
- Tomatoes: Sliced Roma tomatoes are a great choice for this salad. They don’t have as many seeds and aren’t as juicy as other types of tomatoes, so they won’t add too much liquid. You can also use cherry tomatoes.
- Romaine lettuce: Chopped lettuce adds bulk to the Greek salad.
- Diced Cucumber: I like to peel my cucumbers first, but you don’t have to. Keep the skin on for extra nutrients if you prefer.
- Red onion: Thinly sliced red onion gives the salad a nice crunch and a sweet pungent flavor.
- Kalamata olives: Adds a delicious briny flavor to the salad. I slice mine in half, but if you don’t mind the pits, you can leave yours whole.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley adds a bit of green for color and a herbaceous taste.
- Crumbled feta cheese: Salty, briny, and delicious. Feta is a must in any tasty Greek salad recipe!
For the Greek Salad Dressing
- Olive oil: The base of the salad dressing. Olive oil is a natural choice for Greek salad dressing, but if you have a different oil you’d like to use instead, go for it. It just might taste a little different!
- Sugar: A bit of sweetness to cut through the acidity and balance out the flavors.
- Minced garlic: A wonderful garlicky flavor!
- Red wine vinegar: Oil and vinegar make the base for any vinaigrette. Red wine vinegar adds an acidic tartness.
- Lemon juice: Squeezed from one whole lemon, the citrus juice adds a zesty element that brightens up the entire salad!
- Salt & pepper: To taste.
How to Make Greek Salad
Combine the lettuce, cucumber tomatoes, olives, onion, parsley, and feta cheese in a large mixing bowl.
How to Make Greek Salad Dressing
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until combined.
Assemble the Salad
Pour the dressing overtop the salad and gently toss to combine. Just before serving squeeze some extra lemon juice overtop and crumble the remaining feta. Grab your fork and dig in!
- Dice your vegetables the same size. You want to have even amounts of everything in every bite!
- Make this ahead of time and allow it to sit and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. The flavors will marry but the juices may fall to the bottom. So be sure to toss it again before serving.
- You can also make it ahead but leave the dressing off until you are ready to eat it.
- Jazz up your Greek salad with extra add-ins. Try some creamy avocado, and crunchy bell peppers, or replace the olives with capers.
- Swap the parsley with fresh mint leaves for a different note!
Can I add protein to the salad?
Certainly! Shredded or diced grilled chicken, strips of bacon, or keep it vegetarian and toss in some legumes like chickpeas!
Crazy Delicious Greek Salad
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 Romaine Lettuce head, washed & chopped
- 1 English Cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion peeled, cut in half, sliced
- 30 Kalamata Olives sliced in half
- Fresh Parsley handful, chopped
- 6 oz Feta Cheese Crumbled
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onion, parsley and feta cheese.
- To make dressing for this salad take another bowl and mix vinegar, olive oil, sugar, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper until combined.
- Pour salad dressing over the salad. Mix. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper. Grab a plate and enjoy!
Q. – Do YOU like this Salad Recipe?
Let us know in the comments below, we would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!