Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe with Pasta – A quick and easy family dinner recipe for busy weeknights. Made with seared chicken, homemade Alfredo sauce, and pasta so your shopping list is small without sacrificing big flavor!
This homemade, creamy, and Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe is the perfect choice for dinner tonight. Mix the golden-crusted chicken with the easy cream-based sauce and pasta to create the ultimate weeknight comfort food. Give the dish a pop of color by adding grilled broccoli or fresh herbs!
When YOU make this Chicken Pasta Alfredo Recipe, take a picture & tag your Food Creation on Instagram using @MunchkinTimeBlog & hashtag #munchkinrecipes, we would love to see your creation!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
There are three parts to this easy recipe: seasoned chicken breast, homemade Alfredo sauce, and pasta. Put it all together to create a creamy and savory pasta dish with plenty of cheese, garlic, and comforting carbs. As a bonus, it’s ready in under one hour and is way better than restaurant Alfredo.
You really can’t go wrong with chicken and cream sauce together. Forget the Olive Garden and try this recipe instead!
What you’ll need to make chicken Alfredo with homemade sauce
This short and simple list of ingredients infuses layers of flavor into this easy recipe. You may even have most, if not all, of these items in your kitchen already! Here’s what you need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Garlic powder and onion powder
- Basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme
- Angel hair pasta
- Broccoli, optional
This alfredo recipe is dressed in a homemade and ultra-creamy sauce. This is all you need to make it:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan and mozzarella cheese
How do you make chicken Alfredo?
Step 1: Combine the flour, panko, spices, salt, and pepper on a large plate.
Step 2: Season the skinless chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge it in the dry breading mixture.
Step 3: Sear the chicken breast in a hot skillet on the stovetop. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, transfer it to a plate and cover with foil.
Step 4: Add chopped broccoli, season with salt and pepper (to taste), and saute for 5 minutes stirring few times, transfer onto a plate with cooked chicken and cover.
Step 5: Melt the butter in the same skillet before adding the garlic. After 1 minute, stir in the cream and bring it to a gentle boil.
Step 6: Add the parmesan, stir, and continue to simmer until the sauce has slightly thickened.
Step 7: Prepare the pasta by boiling it according to the package instructions.
Step 8: Finish the sauce by stirring in the mozzarella.
Step 9: Add the cooked pasta to a serving plate or bowl, pour the sauce over top, and place the chicken on top. Feel free to add cooked broccoli or chopped herbs.
Tips and substitutions
- You don’t have to make this recipe using angel hair pasta. Whether it’s long or short, boxed or fresh, gluten-free or made from rice, any kind of pasta will taste great!
- Don’t swap the heavy whipping cream for milk or a lower fat option. The fat in the cream is what makes this recipe such an indulgence.
- Stir the cream often once it’s added to the hot pan. The constant motion will keep it from burning.
- Is the sauce too thick? Try adding extra splashes of cream in increments until you reach the desired consistency.
- Want to save time? Swap the homemade sauce for your favorite jar of Alfredo sauce.
- Serve the chicken Alfredo with grilled broccoli, peas, mushrooms, or spinach. Don’t forget a slice of fresh bread on the side!
- Want to add shrimp to this creamy recipe? Make my Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Recipe instead.
- Craving gluten-free? Follow my recipe for Gluten-Free Creamy Chicken Pasta instead.
Can you make chicken Alfredo ahead of time?
I highly recommend digging into this easy Alfredo as soon as it’s ready. If you’re looking to save a little time, prepare the chicken up to 1 day in advance. Just wrap it and store it in the refrigerator, then reheat in the cream sauce until it’s warmed through.
Keep the leftover Alfredo pasta and chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can reheat the leftovers for a few minutes in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove. Feel free to stir in a little extra cream to make it more creamy.
More comforting dinner recipes
Creamy White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Italian Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
20-Minute Creamy Chicken Pasta
Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs panko
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 lb broccoli washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella grated
- 12 oz angel hair rice pasta or pasta of your choice
- salt & pepper to taste
How To Cook Chicken in the Skillet
- Using a large plate combine flour, breadcrumbs, spices, salt & pepper to taste. Mix until combined.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Dredge chicken breast in breading.
- Using a nonstick skillet, preheat oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot add chicken and sear for 4-5 minutes on both sides, or until browned and chicken is cooked thru.
- Transfer chicken onto a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add chopped broccoli, season with salt and pepper (to taste), and saute for 5 minutes stirring few times, transfer onto a plate with cooked chicken and cover.
How to Make Alfredo Sauce
- Using same skillet, melt butter over medium/low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes, stirring with spoon. Next add cream and bring it to a gentle boil, stirring frequently.
- After, add parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring few times. While sauce is cooking boil pasta following directions according to the package. Add mozzarella cheese to the sauce, stir frequently, saute for 3 minutes.
- Serve Alfredo sauce with sliced chicken, cooked pasta and cooked broccoli. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Creamy CHICKEN PASTA Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
This recipe was so tasty. My husband said “ it’s a definite keeper”! Even though it has several steps it is easy to make. I think young kids would like the chicken even without the pasta!
Thank you, Pam! I am so happy you and your family like this recipe!
Can you please tell me how many calories? Although it looks delicious I rarely try recipes that do not reveal calorie content for medical reasons. Thank you.
Hi Sheila, I updated the recipe, now you can see how many calories this dish has 🙂
We have made a number of alfredo recipes on the past and they end up either gritty or foul tasting. This turned out great! Chicken preparation was also really great and will use for other dishes! Thank you!
Thank you so much Philip, for your awesome Alfredo recipe review! So happy you like this recipe!
This was one of the best chicken Alfredo recipes I’ve tried … My sauce was light and creamy.. chicken flavor was spot on ! Just a tiny bit of rosemary was the perfect touch . This is a repeat for sure ❤️
Thank you Stacy, I so happy you like it Alfredo Recipe!!!