This crisp and refreshing Cucumber Tomato Salad is perfect for summer. The fresh flavors from cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, peppers, and green onion are enhanced with a simple lemon vinaigrette. Each bite is vibrant and a total crowd-pleaser at barbecues.
The fresh, light, and super simple Cucumber Tomato Salad like this, should be your new go-to summer side dish. The chopped colorful veggies tossed in a zesty lemon vinaigrette catch your eye, dazzle your taste buds, and pair so nicely with all of your backyard cookout favorites, like glazed salmon, Hawaiian barbecue chicken, and stuffed peppers.
This tasty cucumber tomato salad recipe doesn’t need much to taste refreshing and delicious. It’s loaded with chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and radishes and tossed in a 4-ingredient lemon dressing. The batch can be toned down for a single serving or doubled to serve a crowd.
Head to your local farmer’s market in the summertime for the most vibrant version of this recipe. Enjoy it on its own, paired with a watermelon salad for dessert, or with your barbecue lineup.
Ingredients in cucumber tomato salad
This fresh chopped salad is made with a handful of crisp vegetables and a light homemade vinaigrette. This short list of ingredients is all you need to create a flavorful, naturally sweet, and zesty crowd-pleasing side dish:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red bell pepper
- Green onion
- Lemon dressing
How to make cucumber salad
Step 1: Combine all of the chopped veggies in a big bowl.
Step 2: Make the dressing by whisking the oil, lemon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the cucumber tomato salad and mix well until everything is coated.
Salad topping options
There are so many ways to play around with the veggies, toppings, dressing, and other mix-ins in this salad! Mix it up and make this recipe your own:
- Add some protein by mixing chickpeas into the salad.
- For a pop of color, add in chopped yellow, red, and green bell peppers.
- Add chunks of avocado and replace the vinaigrette with my creamy avocado dressing.
- Everything is better with cheese! Mix some feta or small mozzarella balls to make the chopped salad more creamy.
- Turn it into an Italian chopped salad with the addition of pepperoncinis and olives.
- Feel free to use greens, like romaine or kale, as the base to beef it up a little.
- Mix up the lemon dressing recipe by adding in dried Italian herbs, a splash of balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, or a little maple syrup.
- Turn it into a pasta salad with a few cups of your favorite cooked pasta shells and by doubling the amount of dressing.
Making cucumber salad ahead of time
This salad and dressing is easy to prepare a day or two ahead of time. You can assemble the salad together and keep it in a sealed container in the fridge. You may need to drain the excess juices before serving.
Alternatively, chop up all of the veggies and keep them in separate sealed containers so they stay fresh and crisp.
The dressing can be made up to 1 week in advance and kept in the fridge until it’s time to eat.
The leftover salad can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It would make a great side dish with your weekly lunches!
Store the lemon vinaigrette in a sealed jar in the fridge. You can easily double or triple the batch to use on more salads, grain bowls, or fish.
What to serve with cucumber salad
This light and healthy salad is the ultimate refresher next to many main dishes, like:
- Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter
- BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs
- The Best Grilled Fish
- Apple Flavored Ribs
- Greek Chicken Gyros
- Baked Salmon
More refreshing salad recipes to try
- Italian Tomato Salad
- Shrimp Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Tomato Salad
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 english cucumber cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cubed
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 bunch radishes cubed
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 3-5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
When YOU make this Cucumber Salad Recipe take a picture & post it on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & hashtag #munchkinrecipes, we would love to see your creation!
Did YOU like this Easy Salad Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day