Air Fryer Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter – Juicy lobster tails are cooked to perfection in the air fryer in under 10 minutes. This elegant dinner option is dressed to impress with its savory garlic butter sauce and cilantro as the garnish.
An elegant meal doesn’t need to take a long time. These Air Fryer Lobster Tails are juicy, succulent, and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. It’s a quick and easy treat to serve during Valentine’s Day, birthdays, or fancy celebrations.
Cooking lobster tails in the air fryer will still give you juicy bites of seafood without sacrificing flavor and hours of your time. Dressed in a savory garlic butter sauce, the air fryer will seal in all of the natural juices and flavor than if you were to boil or steam the tails.
All you need to make this recipe is a handful of simple ingredients, a good pair of kitchen scissors, a marinade brush, a blender, and an air fryer. Serve your air fried lobster tails next to green vegetables, ribeye steak, and instant pot mashed potatoes to impress your guests!
Ingredients you need for garlic butter lobster tails
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s made with such simple ingredients. The garlic butter sauce is easy to blend together, so you should only need to head to the store for the lobster! These are the ingredients you need:
- Lobster tails
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Creole seasoning
How to cook lobster in the air fryer
Step 1: Make the garlic butter sauce by blending all of the ingredients (except the lobster tails) in a blender.
Step 2: Butterfly the lobster tails, by cutting the top with scissors, to expose the meat and place them into the air fryer basket. Brush the meat with half of the sauce.
Step 3: Cook the lobster tails in the air fryer for around 5 to 7 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
Step 4: Place each tail on a plate, cover with the remaining sauce, and top with extra cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Helpful recipe tips
- It’s ok if you cut through the meat when butterflying the lobster. Just be careful not to cut the bottom shell.
- Creole seasoning is a simple blend of common herbs and spices that has a hint of smokiness. Click here for a creole seasoning blend.
- If you’re using frozen lobster tails, make sure they are fully thawed before cooking. You can thaw frozen lobster by leaving it in the fridge overnight or by placing the tails in a sealed bag and submerging them in a bowl of water.
- It’s easy to tell when lobster meat has finished cooking! It will go from being translucent to white once it’s cooked through.
What goes well with lobster tails?
Aside from the extra helping of melted butter for dipping and a lemon wedge, lobster tails can be served with any number of garnishes or side dishes. Keep it simple with a cucumber tomato salad and pasta on the side or take it to a whole new level by serving your lobster next to steak.
Make it a meal by pairing the lobster with these recipes on the side:
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Pesto Pasta
- Grilled Broccoli
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Caesar Salad
More elegant seafood recipes
When YOU make this Lobster Tail Recipe tag us @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation.
Did YOU like this Easy Lobster Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Garlic Butter Lobster Tails in Air Fryer
- 4 lobster tails Remove the meat from the shell, keeping it attached at the base and place it on top of the shelf.
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon cilantro packed, more for garnish (or use any other greens like parsley or chives)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon creole seasoning or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a blender, blend together all ingredients except lobster tails. Divide the sauce into 2 separate dishes.
- Preheat air fryer to 380F. Place lobster tails into the air fryer and evenly brush half of the garlic butter sauce over the lobsters, cover the air fryer lid and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until lobster is cooked thru.
- Spread the other half of the garlic butter over the hot lobsters, sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro. Serve with cucumber salad and mashed potatoes.
Quote of the Day