Aren’t these asparagus and bacon wraps look delicious? Well let me tell you they are beyond delicious. Roasted in sugary sauce, it will melt in your mouth with every bite. This recipe came from a book called Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood, I absolutely love this cook book. Her recipes are so easy to follow and so delicious .
2 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
12 slices bacon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tbs soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F.
1. Separate the asparagus into 12 bundles.
2. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle ( if you want you can secure it with a toothpick).
3. Place it in a low-sided oven dish.
1. In a medium saucepan bring to a boil brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper.
2. Now pour it over the asparagus and bacon wraps.