Mashed Potatoes with Russet Potatoes & Macaroni Recipe is brought to you by Idaho® Potatoes. Thank you!
This Mashed Potato & Macaroni Recipe is my kid’s favorite way to eat leftover mashed potatoes.
All you have to do, is cook pasta and mix it with freshly made or leftover mashed potatoes & cheese. Voila! YOU just made a delicious dinner that kids love and always ask for seconds.
I call this Lazy Potato Pierogi Recipe, you don’t have to make & roll out the dough to form tiny potato pierogi. Cooked macaroni works as a dough and mashed potato as a filling.
When you add cheese it pulls all of the flavors together and creates an amazing yummy taste.
Feel free to add cooked bacon, ham, or steamed broccoli on the side.
You will love this Mashed Potato & Macaroni Recipe because, it tastes good with anything.
Serve this Potato Pasta Side Dish with any of these Quick & Delicious Salads
- Italian Tomato Salad Recipe
- Crunchy Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe
- Broccoli Cucumber SALAD Recipe
- A Must Try Italian Salad Recipe
Here is what YOU will need to make this Mashed Potato Recipe with Macaroni:
- Idaho® Potato
- Organic whole milk
- salt & pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese
- chives or green onion
Get all of the ingredients ready, it makes cooking so much more enjoyable. Scroll down to print the recipe.
How to make Mashed Potatoes:
Serve with melted butter, freshly cracked black pepper, cheddar cheese and freshly chopped chives. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Mashed Potatoes with Russet Potatoes & Macaroni Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
Mashed Potatoes with Russet Potatoes & Macaroni Recipe
- 5 medium Idaho Potatoes peeled & cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked pasta cooked according to the package
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup milk warm
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- sharp cheddar cheese optional for garnish
- Cook pasta following instruction on the package.
- Put potato into a cooking pot, add water and season with 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pocked with a fork.
- Carefully drain water from the pot, add butter and milk to potatoes, mash with potato masher until fluffy texture (to make mashed potato extra fluffy use hand mixer).
- Taste mashed potatoes, if needed season more with salt to taste, then add cooked pasta.
- Serve with melted butter, freshly cracked black pepper, cheddar cheese and freshly chopped chives. Enjoy!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!