Links to Amazon from this site are affiliate links. This means the author make a small percentage when you click & shop. Your cost is the same. We only recommend things we love & use.
Huge Thank You goes to Idaho® Potatoes for sponsoring Cheese Stuffed Potato Balls Recipe. Thank you!
Kids said these are the Best Potato Balls ever!
Don’t tell them I sneaked in a finely chopped spinach inside these potato croquettes, the bacon and cheese make them so yummy, there were no left overs.
Potato Balls Recipe
Crispy on the outside & EXTRA cheesy on the inside. Like for real, it is EXTRA CHEESY! IT IS SO GOOD!
These Potato Balls Recipe is filled with yummy bacon flavor and a hint of garlic spice.
Best way to use left over mashed potatoes or hide healthy greens and see your kids devour it with a comment like this “These are the best potato balls!“.
It makes cooking so much easier when you prep all ingredients before you start cooking. 🙂
Deep fry in a small sauce pan filled with 2 cups of oil of your choice, I used Grape Seed Oil. Cook over medium/high heat until golden color. Remove to a paper towel. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Serve Stuffed Potato Balls with these Delicious Salads
- Italian Tomato Salad Recipe
- Crunchy Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe
- Broccoli Cucumber SALAD Recipe
- A Must Try Italian Salad Recipe
Q. Do YOU like this, in my kid’s opinion Best Potato Croquettes Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
Cheese Bacon Stuffed Potato Balls Recipe
- 5 medium size Idaho® potatoes or use about 3 cups of leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 4 bacon slices baked in the oven 10 min
- 2 cups oil for frying I like to use avocado or grapeseed oil
- 4 oz. mild or sharp cheddar cheese cut into equal cubes
- 1/4 cup organic baby spinach finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- How to make Stuffed Potato Balls? First cook Idaho® potatoes. Place potatoes into a medium pot with water and bring it to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender inside when you insert a knife in the center, about 15-20 minutes. Drain the water and let potato cool, peel it, then grate it. Potato is ready to be used to make potato croquettes. If using left over mashed potatoes, use about 3 cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine, about 3 cups of cooked grated potatoes, chopped bacon, 1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach, 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, scoop 1 scoop of mashed potato mixture into your hand, place 1 cheese cube on top and then scoop another scoop of potato mixture on top.
- Roll into a ball using both hands, then dip it into a Panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in a small sauce pan filled with 2 cups of oil of your choice, over medium/high heat, until golden color. Remove to a paper towel. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day!
Have an amazing day!