Chicken and shrimp Alfredo is made with double the protein because we’re using tender bites of chicken and juicy jumbo shrimp. The delicious Alfredo sauce is made with tons of garlic and Parmesan and a hint of dry white wine and when combined it makes the perfect creamy sauce for any pasta!
This chicken and shrimp Alfredo recipe is exactly the kind of creamy and satisfying addition you need to be added on top of your favorite pasta dish. It’s different than my shrimp tomato pasta dish in that it’s not tomato-based but instead cream-based making it much heartier and cozier.
Making this Alfredo sauce from scratch couldn’t be easier which means your family can enjoy having a homemade Italian-inspired dish any night of the week!
It’s a quick and easy 30-minute comfort dish perfect for busy weeknights but it’s also elegant enough to serve your guests on any occasion. It pairs well with any type of medium to long pasta that and because it’s made with a few simple ingredients, it’s not only time-saving but money-saving too!
Making shrimp and chicken Alfredo is pretty straightforward despite there being two different kinds of protein. To make things even more convenient it’s all made in one skillet. I don’t know about you but a quick and easy dinner always has to involve easy cleaning up too!
- Avocado oil – A great neutral-tasting oil that is great for use in high heat. Needed to cook the chicken and then the shrimp.
- Chicken breast – I like to slice thicker breasts into thinner tenders. You can choose to cut yours into 1” bite-sized pieces if you prefer.
- Jumbo shrimp – If you can get your hands on wild-caught shrimp, grab them! Jumbo size is great because they hold their own within the heavy sauce and alongside chunky chicken pieces. Smaller shrimp would get lost. Remove the tails and devein them if it’s not already done for you.
- Salt & pepper – A simple seasoning is all that is needed. The sauce will add even more flavor.
For the Alfredo Sauce
- The roux – Butter, minced garlic, and flour. Together this makes the base of the sauce, making it nice and thick.
- Dry white wine – Anything you have on hand will do. Sauvignon blanc is always a good choice, as is pinot grigio, a chardonnay, or a dry Riesling. If you don’t want to use whine, leave it out and use chicken broth instead.
- Heavy whipping cream – This adds the cream to the cream sauce making it thick and rich and just so yummy!
- Parmesan cheese – Gives the sauce a sharp cheesy umami flavor which pairs well with the garlic and the cream.
- Italian seasoning – A delicious blend of herbs that adds just enough extra flavor and seasoning to this dish.
- Parsley – A finishing touch of fresh parsley is always a vibrant way to balance a creamy sauce.
How to Make Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
Step 1: You’re going to cook the chicken first in the skillet over medium-high heat, using a 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to help with non-sticking and browning the chicken, until cooked through, While chicken is cooking season with salt and pepper to taste, on both sides. Transfer to a plate and cover it with a lid to trap in the heat and lock in moisture.
Step 2: Add more oil to the skillet and add the shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes per side, until no longer pink. Set it aside with the chicken.
How to Make Alfredo Sauce
Step 1: Make the roux by melting butter and cooking the garlic for 30 seconds while stirring nonstop. Add a Tbsp of flour and stir for 1 minute until it forms a golden paste with a slightly nutty/garlicky aroma.
Step 2: Slowly pour in the white wine and cook it for 1 minutes, stirring. Carefully pour in the cream and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Continue stirring and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3. To the sauce, add the Parmesan cheese and stir until it melts into a smooth velvety consistency.
Step 4: Add the chicken and shrimp back into the sauce and simmer until everything is heated through. Pour over your favorite cooked pasta and enjoy with a sprinkle of fresh parsley!
Tips for Success
- To save time, pick up shrimp that comes deveined and without the tails.
- Use any leftover chicken or shrimp already cooked ahead of time then add it to the sauce to heat through.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are prepped and ready to go to save time. Cut/slice the chicken, clean the shrimp, grate the Parmesan, etc. It’ll streamline the whole process.
- This recipe works with any long or medium pasta. Anything from fettuccine, linguine, spaghetti, or papardelle to penne, fusilli, or rigatoni.
- Since this dish is made with so few ingredients, it’s important to use as high quality as you can find!
- You can absolutely make this with a store-bought jar of Alfredo sauce if you’re in a hurry.
Grate your own Parmesan It tastes much better and melts better into the sauce because it doesn’t come with the additives and preservatives the pre-shredded stuff has.
- If you’re using already cooked pasta, you can add it into the sauce at the end to warm up. Otherwise, cook it at the same time as you make the sauce, that way it’s ready to serve immediately.
What to Serve With Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
We love a big bowl of pasta that is hearty and filling without the need for much else! However, we do like to serve it with an Italian salad, the best Caesar salad, or this 7-ingredient Italian tomato salad recipe to finish add to our Italian-inspired menu!
You could also serve with a side of vegetables like refreshing sliced cucumbers in apple cider vinegar to cut through the heaviness.
Finish off the meal with a light and sweet easy fruit salad. A delicious ending to a delicious dinner!
Super Easy Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil I use avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders dried with paper towel
- 1 lb shrimp raw, peeled, deveined and tails off
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced, more is desired
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into the skillet over medium/high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked thru, transfer to a plate.
- Add another 1 tablespoon of oil, once the oil is hot add shrimp season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
How to Make Alfredo Sauce
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted add 5 cloves of minced garlic and cook for 1 minutes stirring nonstop. Next add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir for 1 minutes.
- Slowly pour in 1/4 cup white wine and stir for 1 minute. Carefully pour in 2 cups heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Continuously stirring, taste and season with salt and pepper (if needed) and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer. After sauce starts simmering add 1 cup parmesan cheese. Stir the sauce until cheese melts.
- Now add chicken and shrimp back to the skillet and garnish with more cheese and freshly chopped parsley. Serve over warm pasta. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this EASY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP ALFREDO RECIPE?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
—>Click Here for More Dinner Recipes<—
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!
This post was updated May 11, 2022. The recipe was updated too! 🙂
i am thinking of doing your recipe, it look delicious, i might use a jar of alfredo sauce, and rotisserie .chicken.
That sounds delicious, Susan! Yumm!
This recipe looks awesome!!! Since I don’t use grain flour, do you think almond or coconut flour would work well as a substitute? Thanks!
Thank you Alisha! I have never tried it with almond or coconut flour, maybe try using cornstarch & mix it with a little amount of water? If you try it would you let me know how it turns out?
Pingback: Chicken Alfredo and shrimp recipes - singlerecipe.com
Pingback: Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #274 - Lou Lou Girls