Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe – makes chicken wings tender and juicy on the inside and irresistibly crispy on the outside with crazy flavor throughout thanks to a simple marinade made with garlic, mayo, salt, and pepper!
They’re the perfect appetizer for game day parties and easy dinner ideas throughout a busy week. Once you try these air fryer wings there is no going back!
You can never have too many easy chicken wing recipes whether it means switching up the seasonings and flavors or finding new ways to cook them. Grilled, baked, deep-fried, or air-fried I love them all!
I will say, this air fryer chicken wings recipe is my favorite right now. They’re super simple to make with a creamy marinade made with just 4 ingredients (2 of them are salt and pepper!) and the air fryer makes them extra crispy.
Sometimes I’ll marinate them the night before and have them ready the next day or when I have a few extra minutes I’ll marinate them in the morning and have them ready to cook by dinner time.
The key to making air fryer chicken wings crispy is the high convection heat that circulates the wings in a smaller more concentrated area. This gets it done in a fraction of the time as a conventional method without the need to heat up the kitchen or take up any extra space in the oven!
When YOU make this Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & I will feature it here under this recipe!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings – I use about 1-2 lbs of wings. Either way, I will only air fry as many as can fit in the basket without overlapping, and if I have more to cook, I’ll continue in batches.
- Marinade – Mayo, minced garlic, salt, and pepper are all it takes to make this delicious and simple marinade.
How to Marinate Garlic Chicken Wings?
Step 1: Make sure to check out your wings and pick out any feathers that may have been left behind. Then, place them all in a bowl or a Ziploc bag.
Step 2: Into the same bowl add marinade ingredients.
Step 3: Use a spatula or your hands to mix and make sure all wings are evenly coated. Place them in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings?
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer (love this one!). Most air fryers will automatically set the preheat function to 400 degrees F, which is what you want. If not, set it to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Arrange the wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure to leave some room in between each one.
Step 3: Cook for 20 minutes, then flip them over and cook for another 3 minutes. For extra crispy tack on another 3-5 minutes after that.
When cooked at 400F in the air fryer they should take no more than 25 minutes total.
- Pat your wings dry before adding the marinade. I know it sounds counterproductive, but trust me, it’s best to start off with dry wings.
- No need to spray these wings or the basket with cooking spray as you do with other recipes. The oil comes from the mayo which does a great job turning the wings golden brown and crispy.
- For extra heat, add a splash of sriracha to the mayo!
- The longer you marinate the deeper the flavor will penetrate the meat. 30 minutes is great, but longer is better!
What to Serve with Crispy Garlic Wings
When I serve them as appetizers I always have a variety of dipping sauces for people to choose from and a raw veggie platter. That’s it!
Sauces like blue cheese, ranch, garlic aioli, Buffalo sauce, or BBQ sauce are all great choices.
If I serve them as part of the main meal, I’ll treat them like I would any chicken dinner and serve them with white rice, brown rice, quinoa, Instant Pot mashed potatoes, cheesy mashed potatoes with caramelized onion, macaroni and cheese, veggies, or Caesar salad.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
Can I Make Chicken Wings in the Oven?
You can! As I mentioned above, I love any kind of wing recipe, so I have a couple of oven-baked wing recipes you’ve got to try.
Easily replace the marinade in the recipes with this one and follow the directions as listed!
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Keep leftover cooked chicken wings in the fridge covered in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the air fryer at 350 for a few minutes until warmed through.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1-2 lb chicken wings
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredietns in a bowl, mix with hands or a spatula. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes or over night.
- Preheat the Air Fryer (This is the one I have & love using!) to 400F. Place chicken wings in a air fryer pan, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Flip chicken wings on the other side 3 times throughout cooking process. If you want extra crispy chicken wings cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- For best flavor, marinate over the night or a little longer than 30 minutes - 100% optional.
- If YOU like spicy flavor, add a splash of sriracha sauce to the marinate.
- Store leftovers in airtight container, inside the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Cook for 5 minutes EXTRA for that EXTRA crispy texture - 100% optional.
Q. Do YOU like this Air Fryer Chicken Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!