Easy Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe – Glazed in a sweet chicken wing sauce and baked until perfectly golden and crispy, this easy recipe for teriyaki chicken wings is one my whole family loves! Biting into glazed juicy wings as good as these are, is drool-worthy and finger-licking amazing!
When YOU make this Chicken Wings Recipe please tag us @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
Oven baked teriyaki chicken wings are made with just 3 ingredients and one of them is the wings! We’re taking a shortcut by using the best bottle of teriyaki sauce and adding some fresh herbs and bam, the easiest, most flavorful sweet, and sticky teriyaki baked wings.
There’s nothing that screams game day more than chicken wings! They’re a classic appetizer that brings life to every party. Whether it’s football season, the holidays, a birthday party, or any sort of gathering at all, these teriyaki wings are always welcome.
They’re super saucy, coated in a tasty glaze then marinated for as little as 30 minutes. Then they’re baked until nice and caramelized on the outside and juicy on the inside.
When you need a quick appetizer or effortless dinner, this teriyaki chicken wings recipe is a keeper!
Just 3 Ingredients Needed!
- Chicken Wings: For this recipe, I use 3 lbs of organic chicken wings which serves about 4 people. I prefer to buy organic meat wherever and whenever possible, but if that’s not in your budget, that’s OK! Use what you’ve got.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce is my favorite!
- Chopped Parsley: A fresh pop of green and a vibrant herb makes a great garnish for these teriyaki chicken wings.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Step 1: Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and place them in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Pour in the wing sauce. Mix well using your hands or a wooden spoon to make sure all wings are evenly coated.
Step 3: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
Step 4: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Transfer the wings to a foil-lined baking sheet (sprayed for nonstick). Arrange them in a single layer, leaving space between each one. Pour any remaining sauce from the bowl on top of the chicken.
Step 5: Bake the chicken wings for 20 minutes. Flip them and cook the other side for another 15 minutes. Flip once more and place them under the broiler on high for 5-7 minutes.
Serve with a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley and your favorite side dishes!
Recipe Tips for Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or main meal.
- Use a homemade teriyaki sauce if you prefer.
- Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes or potato wedges.
- You can also serve them with veggies or salad for a low-carb meal.
- Use the air fryer to cook the wings. Just make sure to do it in smaller batches!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
Certainly. You can use chicken breasts, chicken thighs, drumsticks, you name it. The larger the pieces of meat, the more sauce it takes, so you might need to pick up some extra!
How long to bake teriyaki chicken wings?
I like baking them at high heat to get a nice crispy outside. It helps to caramelize the sugars which is part of what makes it so crispy. At 425F I cook them for a total of 35 minutes plus another 5-7 minutes under the broiler.
Do I have to marinate them?
Technically no. These wings are still great even without the time spent marinating in the fridge. It’s a bonus for sure, as it allows the flavors to permeate the meat and really get down to the bone.
How do I know when my chicken wings are done?
The best way to tell is by using a digital thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the wing. Once it has an internal temperature of 165F, they’re done!
Can I freeze them?
Oh yes! Wrap them tightly in foil to avoid freezer burn and transfer them to a freezer bag. Keep them frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat them in the oven until warmed all the way through.
Delicious Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 10 oz Teriyaki Sauce Soy Vay Veri Veri
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Using few napkins pat dry the chicken wings.
- Place the chicken wings in a big bowl. Pour 10oz of Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce and using your hands or a spoon, give it a good mix. Cover & place it in the fridge, marinate for about 30 min – 1 hour.
- While chicken wings are marinating, preheat the oven to 425F.
- Now, take a baking sheet and place the chicken wings on a baking sheet, pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes, flip the chicken wings on the other side, return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken to the other side. Return the chicken to the oven and broil on HIGH for about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley, serve hot with mashed potato or Potato Wedges.
Q. Do you like this Sticky Teriyaki Oven Baked Chicken Wings?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the DAY
Have a blessing day!