Links to Amazon from this site are affiliate links. This means the author make a small percentage when you click & shop. Your cost is the same. We only recommend things we love & use.
How to Make Chicken Tacos in Crockpot or Instant Pot with step by step pictures. Learn how to make Shredded Chicken from scratch, it is the base of The Best Shredded Chicken Tacos Recipe.
Mexican Food is full of flavor. It can be spicy like when you use red chunky salsa that can get your whole mouth on fire, and make you feel like a dragon ready to burst with flame.
Or it can be nice and cheesy like cheese quesadilla, my daughter’s favorite. She just loves biting it and pulling that stringy cheese (yummy :D).
As for me my favorite Mexican flavor is taco flavor.
Just imagine, these Chicken Tacos you see in the picture above: first you bite thru a warm tortilla, then your tongue reaches a hot and creamy shredded chicken, followed by cool and moist tomato cubes, then slimy guacamole twirling in your mouth.
Before you know it, you feel a crunch of a cold lettuce on your teeth.
To finish that amazingly delicious roller coaster, your mouth will stop and your lips will make a move on that warm, melted and super stringy sharp cheddar cheese.
I don’t know about you but I am drooling over here.
Before You scroll down, follow Munchkin Time on her favorite social media, where she shares Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
Chicken: Use chicken breast or chicken thighs. I like to use organic chicken thighs in this Easy Tacos Recipe, because it is juicier than chicken breast and price friendly.
Salsa: In this Shredded Chicken Taco Recipe feel free to use any salsa of your choice, mild, medium or hot. My family prefers organic mild salsa.
Taco Seasoning: This recipe calls for Taco Seasoning, if you don’t find it at the store, feel free to make it from scratch at home. Here is what you will need to make the exact amount of Taco Seasoning for this Chicken Tacos.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all spices in a small mixing bowl or add them directly to the Instant Pot or CrockPot with chicken thighs.
Guacamole: Store bought or my favorite Homemade Guacamole taste amazing inside these Tacos. Feel free to use sliced avocados instead of guacamole, it tastes just as good.
Lettuce: Use any lettuce of your choice, my favorite for this recipe is organic romaine lettuce with curly leaves.
Cheese: Again, use any cheese of your choice. Our favorite is Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Sour Cream: You will love the flavor of sour cream in these Easy Tacos, it gives that delicious creamy gooey taste, it is so good!
Tortilla: When, buying tortillas, I always check the ingredient list on the back of the package. Raw uncooked tortillas are my favorite option when making tacos at home, because they have only few ingredients than cooked tortillas.
Do you read ingredient list on the back of the package?
Now, where was I?
Oh yeah, How to Make Shredded Chicken Tacos?
First, prepare all of the ingredients and open all of the cans or jars, like organic chunky salsa before starting to cook these easy tacos.
Then add raw chicken thighs, taco seasoning and 1 jar of salsa sauce into Crockpot. Now, cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Finally, shred chicken with 2 forks.
If cooking Chicken Tacos in Instant Pot, add & mix well, raw chicken thighs, salsa and taco seasoning inside the Instant pot.
After, cover the lid and cook for 12 minutes on Meat/Stew mode.
Then quick release the pressure.
Open the lid and shred chicken using 2 forks. Serve with warm tortilla, homemade guacamole or sliced avocados, romaine lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese & sour cream. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Check Out These Must Try Recipes using Potato:
Shredded Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Crockpot or Instant Pot
- 4-6 organic chicken thighs fat removed
- 16 oz organic mild salsa
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 6-8 tortillas warmed on a skillet for few seconds
- butterhead romaine lettuce chopped, for garnish
- sharp cheddar cheese grated, for garnish
- guacamole or sliced avocado for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
- cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Add raw chicken thighs, 2 1/2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and 16 oz. jar of salsa into a Crockpot. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- If cooking Chicken Tacos in Instant Pot, add & mix well, raw chicken thighs, salsa and 2 1/2 tablespoons of taco seasoning inside the Instant pot. Cover the lid and cook for 12 minutes on Meat/Stew mode. Then quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid. Shred chicken using two forks. Serve Chicken Tacos with warm tortilla, homemade guacamole or sliced avocado, romaine lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese & sour cream. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
- Frozen boneless chicken thighs cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Raw boneless chicken thighs cook for 8-10 minutes.
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!