Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe – Perfectly seasoned and crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, these wedges are completely addicting! This baked potato wedges recipe is so easy to make in under 1 hour making them a great replacement to your everyday potato side dish. You can also serve them in place of french fries, or just enjoy them as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce!
This potato wedges recipe is what I like to make as a fun alternative to the homemade french fries I usually make in the air fryer.
They’re just as crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, but with wedges, there’s much more potato in every bite!
I use minced garlic, paprika, and salt to season them and then they are baked in the oven and garnished with fresh parsley before serving. And even though we are not deep frying them, the oven still gets them perfectly crispy without the heavy oils and grease splatter.
Potato wedges in the oven make a great side dish to this juicy homemade hamburger but the kids love them just as much for a snack!
Serve them with a yummy dipping sauce and watch how quickly they disappear. I know you will love them as much as we do!
Ingredients for Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe
- Potatoes: You’ll need about 5 medium potatoes. Scrubbed clean, dried well, and sliced into 8 wedges. Do not peel them, keep the skin on!
- Olive Oil: Tossing the fries in oil helps the seasoning stick to the wedges but it also helps them brown in the oven.
- Seasoning: Generously seasoned with minced garlic, paprika, and salt to give the crispy wedges the best flavor!
- Parsley: Fresh chopped parsley is a nice way to finish the dish! It’s an optional garnish but one I think makes it look restaurant-style!
How to Make Potato Wedges Crispy
Step 1: Toss the wedges in the garlic, salt, paprika, and oil, making sure they’re all evenly coated. Don’t be afraid to use your hands!
Step 2: Add a little extra oil to a large baking dish and spread the potato wedges into a single layer.
Step 3: Bake at 400F for 40-45 minutes until fork tender on the inside, flipping halfway.
Step 4: Remove the crispy potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle them with kosher salt and fresh chopped parsley.
- If you have the extra time, I highly recommend soaking your wedges in a bowl of ice water ahead of time. This helps to release the starches so they end up even crispier on the outside.
- Russet potatoes make great wedges, but you can use whatever type of potatoes you have on hand.
- Keep the skin on, it looks nice and rustic, but crispy, seasoned potato skin is the best!
- Be sure to slice them into even-sized wedges so they bake evenly.
- Bake them in a single layer, leaving room in between each one. Do not overlap them. You want to make sure that the heat can circulate properly so that they are nice and crispy all over.
What to Serve with Crispy Potato Wedges
Serve these tasty wedges as you would any other potato side dish. Enjoy them with a smash chicken burger or air fryer chicken nuggets. You can also have them with things like baked BBQ chicken wings or a fish filet sandwich. The options are endless!
Grilled cheese or a hearty bowl of instant pot chili could use some crispy wedges on the side too! Or maybe you could add some chili on top of the fries along with some melted cheese and have yourself some chili cheese wedges.
If you want to just have them as a snack or party appetizer, here are just a few dipping sauce ideas!
- Sriracha and Mayonnaise
- Ranch Dressing
- BBQ sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Yum Yum Sauce
How to cut potatoes into wedges?
Once you’ve scrubbed and dried your potatoes, grab a sharp kitchen knife.
Put the potato onto a clean flat cutting board and place the blade of the knife along the top of the potato, lengthwise.
Use your free hand to hold the potato overtop of the knife so your fingers are away from the blade.
Slice down through the potato to make two halves. Do the same with each half, cutting them into quarters, and then cutting each quarter into equal halves to end up with a total of 8 wedges per potato.
What else can I season my crispy wedges with?
The beauty of this recipe is you can really make them taste however you want! The important part of this crispy potato wedges recipe is the technique. The seasoning is there as a guide and you can take it or leave it.
Some other options would be cayenne or red pepper flakes for some heat, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and Old Bay seasoning!
Can I make crispy potato wedges in the air fryer?
Absolutely! This is a great idea, especially if you need to cut the recipe in half. The air fryer basket won’t hold as many wedges, so you may need to do a couple of separate batches.
Even if you don’t use the air fryer to bake the wedges, you can still use it to reheat leftovers.
Q. – Do YOU like this Potato Wedges in Oven?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
When YOU make Potato Wedges tag us @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl combine garlic, salt, paprika and oil. Stir.
- Add potato wedges. Mix to coat.
- Using olive oil grease large baking dish. Spread potato wedges, bake at 400F for 40-45 minutes, or until baked thru, turning once after 20 minutes of baking.
- Sprinkle Kosher salt, serve with a mixture of mayo and sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!