Fish Fillet Sandwich Recipe is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. All opinions are 100% mine.
“Swap in seafood and recreate a fan-favorite recipe that’s #BetterThanTakeout. Showcase how cooking with Gorton’s makes adding seafood to your diet a little easier and more delicious!”
Fish Fillet Sandwich – Forget the drive-thru, close your wallet, and create your own juicy and delicious Fish Fillet Sandwich at home. They’re so easy to put together using frozen fish fillets and a homemade sandwich spread made entirely from pantry-staple ingredients.
When YOU make this Fish Sandwich Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @Gortonsseafood & @MunchkinTimeBlog & hashtag #munchkinrecipes & #BetterThanTakeout. We would love to see YOUR creation!
I chose to make this fish sandwich recipe from Gorton’s Fish Sandwich Fillets because they’re crunchy, full of flavor, and are a healthy option that helps to cut down the cooking time. Layered on a soft brioche bun with a creamy homemade sandwich sauce, this is a delicious, tangy, and light meal that pairs well with french fries, green salads, or more seafood!
I love that this baked fish sandwich recipe is:
- Easy and quick to make
- Baked and not fried
- And light and healthy
These are like soft, juicy fish sliders that are perfect for both lunches and dinners. Play with the toppings to find your favorite flavors!
What kind of fish is best in a fish fillet sandwich?
This quick and easy recipe is made with Gorton’s Fish Sandwich Fillets. The panko-covered Alaska pollock is moist, juicy, and crunchy. If you can’t find pollock fillets, you could also use freshly breaded and baked halibut, cod, bass, snapper, or tilapia.
Fish sandwich ingredients
This easy fish fillet sandwich recipe is ready in minutes and is topped with an amped-up tartar-like sauce. It’s easy to whip together for a tasty meal both you and your family will enjoy. Here are the ingredients you need:
- Gorton’s Fish Sandwich Fillets
- Mini pretzel buns
- Baby greens
- Creamy horseradish
- Sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Smoked paprika
How to make the best fish sandwich
Step 1: Bake the fish fillet according to the package directions. As it bakes, toast the buns and make the sandwich spread.
Step 2: Mix all of the spread ingredients together in a bowl and set aside until it’s time to assemble the sandwiches.
Step 3: Assemble the fish sandwiches by adding a layer of spread over the buns, add 2 fillets per sandwich, and garnish with baby greens, pickles.
What goes well with a baked fish sandwich?
Think, “barbecue”, when pairing the sandwich with lots of side dishes. Fish goes well with all of your backyard cookout favorites, whether they’re light and healthy or on the indulgent side. Make it a meal by serving your sandwiches with these tasty recipes on the side:
- Crispy Potato Wedges
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
- Caesar Salad
More fish recipes to try
Fish makes for a light and healthy dinner option, plus it’s easy to prepare in so many different ways. Try some of these juicy fish recipes for dinner tonight or add them to your weekly meal plan:
- Moroccan Grilled Fish
- Cod Fish Sticks
- Baked Alaskan Cod Parcels
- Healthy Tilapia Oreganata
- Roasted Mahi Mahi
Fish Fillet Sandwich
- 6 mini pretzel buns toasted
- 6 Gorton's Fish Sandwich Fillets baked according to the package
- baby greens for garnish
- pickles shaved, for serving
- Bake fish fillet according to the package. Toast buns in a toaster.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the spread ingredients, whisk until everything is combined, set aside.
- Spread sandwich spread over the buns, add 2 fish fillet per mini sandwich, garnish with baby greens, pickles and cover with the top bun and enjoy!
Recipe tips and substitutions
- Along with the greens, you can add American cheese, spicy sriracha sauce, sliced tomato, pickled red onions, coleslaw, chips, and lettuce on each sandwich.
- Soft mini brioche buns are best but you can use regular hamburger buns if that’s all you have.
- Lighten up the sandwich sauce by using plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise or sour cream.
- If you don’t have Worcestershire sauce, replace it with soy sauce instead.
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!