Baked Sweet Potato Wedges always hit the spot for me. You can dress it up with seasonings or keep it simple and dip it in my favorite tzatziki sauce. These sweet potato wedges with tzatziki sauce are dairy free & mouthwateringly delicious. I know you will love this recipe as much as my family and I do!
Somedays I will sprinkle with fresh shredded parmesan cheese and some more salt to taste. The possibilities are endless with these sweet potatoes wedges, you just cannot go wrong!
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
If you are anything like me in the fall I always crave sweet and savory snacks, and sometimes it’s so hard for me to decide which one to make!
I have friends and family who only eat sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon you know the ones we have at Thanksgiving Dinner. I find it funny that when I make them my favorite savory roasted sweet potatoes they are so surprised of how much they love them.
This Sweet Potato Wedges are so simple to make and they are baked to perfection in only 25 minutes!
What Ingredients Do YOU Need?
To make potato wedges you will need these simple ingredients:
Let’s talk about the ingredients, this is so important that you have the correct and fresh ingredients. There is quite a variety of sweet potatoes. Choosing a sweet potato can be confusing, so I want to help you with choosing your sweet potato.
Different Kinds of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes – they are in season right now and they are highly nutritious. They are loaded with vitamins A, C and B6, Manganese and so much more. Lately, when I am craving somethings sweet, I bake sweet potatoes wedges, they are super satisfying.
- Garnet Yams – personally, I love the Garnet Yams these yams are reddish skinned and have a beautiful orange flesh. These are my favorite because they are sweet, they mimic a squash and are so moist when you cook them. They will be crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside!
- Jewel Sweet Potatoes – my next favorite sweet potato, if the store doesn’t have any garnet yams, would be Jewel Sweet Potatoes. These potatoes are orange skinned and orange flesh, they are sweet and buttery and oh so yummy, these potatoes are dry when cooked that making them so crispy and tasty!
- Chili Powder & Paprika – I know that the sweet potato is the star of the dish but the seasonings are just as important, so let look at them. You will need chili powder and paprika. These spices have a sweet but a smoky-spicy flavor and it pairs beautifully with the sweetness from the sweet potatoes.
- Garlic Powder – Next, you need garlic powder, salt and pepper. I love garlic powder on my sweet potatoes and I know you will too.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper – Last by not least, you have got to get that salt and pepper they complete any dish!
I will also include my recipe for tzatziki sauce below, you will not want to forget the sauce for these roasted sweet potato wedges!
How to Cut the Sweet Potatoes?
1. Before you cut the sweet potatoes you will want to peel them, although sometimes I do like to have the peel on but unfortunately my kids like them best without the peel.
- Sweet Potatoes can be hard, making it pretty hard to cut so my little secret is to pop them in the microwave for about a minute and a half to heat and soften the potato, then slice into thin wedges. When you pop them in the microwave it helps soften the potatoes and it also helps cut down the baking time and we all love a quick dish! You can always skip the microwave, and cut potatoes with a sharp knife, the sweet potatoes will be delicious either way.
How to Season Sweet Potato?
2. After you slice your wedges and using your hands mix potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Make sure you get every potato covered in the seasoning and oil to ensure that you have all that flavor in every bite.
How to Bake Sweet Potato Wedges?
3. Then lay the potatoes flat on your baking sheet to make certain that they bake evenly and get that gorgeous crispy outside that we love so much.
4. Bake the wedges for 15 minutes and flip them so that both sides will get the chance to crisp up for you. After you flip them bake for 10 more minutes at that point they should be golden brown crispy on the outside and soft and flavorful on the inside!
5. Let them rest for 5 minutes if you can, I can’t ever let them rest because I cannot wait to dip them in my dairy-free tzatziki sauce.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
3. Serve roasted sweet potato wedges with tzatziki sauce.
Garnish with finely chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
More Yummy Recipes
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges with Tzatziki Sauce
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
Tzatziki Sauce (Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk yogurt sugar free
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 inch piece cucumber
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- sea salt & pepper to taste
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into thin wedges. Place wedges into a mixing bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top and mix with hands, coating every wedge with seasoning and oil.
- Place wedges on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then flip on the other side and bake for 10 more minutes, or until wedges are cooked thru and has golden color.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
- Using a spoon remove seeds from the cucumber, then thinly slice it and chop it into small pieces. Finely chop 1 garlic clove and parsley.
- Add yogurt to a small mixing, into the same bowl add chopped cucumber, garlic, parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and give it a good mix.
- Serve roasted sweet potato wedges with tzatziki sauce. Garnish with finely chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Please comment below and let me know what event you will be taking these Baked Sweet Potatoes.
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day