The Best Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole with bacon and lots of cheese. It is a must Thanksiging sidedish.
- 5 lb organic potatoes peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups medium Chadder cheese shredded
- 8 slices bacon baked in the oven 400F for 10 min,
- chives chopped for garnish
First, place bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil paper and bake at 400F for 10 min or until crispy texture, after finely chop bacon into tiny pieces for garnish & set aside.
While bacon is baking, peel and slice 5 lb potatoes and place them into a big pot. Cover potatoes with water and bring it to a boil. After potatoes start boiling reduce the heat to medium/high and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes turn soft when inserted with a knife.
Preheat the oven to 350F.Drain water and place potato in a big mixing bowl. Now add 3/4 cup sour cream, 1 cup milk, 5 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper to taste. Blend with a blender until fluffy texture.
Using a spatula fold in 2 cups of cheese, then trasfer potatoes to a casserole dish, top with 1 cup of shredded cheese and bake uncovered at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated thru.
Garnish potato casserole with crumbled bacon pieces and finely chopped fresh chives. Enjoy!
Cheese Stuffed Potato Balls
Mashed Potatoes with Russet Potatoes & Macaroni
- How to Make Loaded Mashed Potatoes Ahead: When cooking for the event like Thanksgiving, make this potato casserole ahead by following step 1-3, then cover the casserole and place it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. About 30 minutes before serving follow step 4-5.
- What to Make with Mashed Potatoes? If you have leftover mashed potatoes you must try these 3 mouthwatering easy recipes using mashed potatoes:
All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this Loaded Mashed Potato Recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- How to store leftover mashed potatoes? Store leftover mashed potatoes in a airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3 days.