My dear cousin shared this delicious Baby Bella Mushroom & Potato Soup recipe with me. When I made this soup it was gone in seconds. It made me lick my spoon multiple times, even right now when I am writing I can still taste it in my mouth (mmmm mmm yum). Baby Bella Mushroom & Potato Soup is so good you just have to try it to believe it!
1lb baby Bella mushrooms
1 onion, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
2 cups heavy whipping cream or half and half
salt and pepper to taste
greens (I used organic frozen dill)
1. Peel and cut potato into big cubes.
2. Place potato into big pot add water and cook until it cooks thru.
3. While potato is cooking, cut onion and saute in a skillet with a splash of olive oil.
4. Peel and cube one carrot and saute it with onion.
5. When onion turns golden color take it off the heat and set aside.
6. Dice the baby bella mushrooms.
7. When potato is done cooking drain the water and mash it with potato masher.
8. Add heavy whipping cream and saute carrot with onion and simmer on a low-medium heat.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Using same skillet we used to saute onion, add mushrooms a little bit of salt and saute it on medium heat for 6-10 minutes stirring it occasionally.
11. Add saute mushrooms to the pot and simmer it on low-medium heat for another 2-3 minutes.
12. This step is optional, with a food processor pure your soup and return it to the pot.
13. Add greens and let it simmer for 1 minute, turn off the heat, and pour yourself this yummy deliciousness.
Your comments put a smile on my face and encouraging me to make more yummy food and share it with you!
(Not blended version of Baby Bella Mushroom & Potato Soup)
Tip: To make not blended version of this soup I diced potato into small cubes and cooked it in 3 or 4 cups of chicken broth. Then I added the rest of the ingredients.
Thank You and Have a Blessing Day!
Quote of the Day
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Hi. This recipe looks yum! Definitely will try it but don’t want the heavy cream or half/half. I working on going vegan. Have you tried it with plant based milk?
I’m am going to try this with oat milk which is thicker than other plant based ‘milk’. Hoping I will get great results. 🙂
That’s a great question Caleope! No I haven’t tried it with oat milk but now I do want to try it. Please let me know if you liked it?
Hi Lyubochka i finnaly bought everything i need for this soup. I wanna make it without blending it. It looks like you didnt mash potatoes in the not blended version. Is that right?
Yes! I didnt mashed potatoes in not blended version=) I hope you like this soup!
I really wanna try this soup next week.. Is it better to pure it in the food processor or not? I noticed that here you did and the picture you posted on ig you didn’t. I’m just a little scared to make it because I never made anything like this.
Thank you for sharing recipes with us. 🙂
It tastes super good both ways but as for me I think I prefer not blended version, soup looks better that way.=)
I made this last night and it’s great, simple, but satisfying. I never actually thought to put mushrooms in potato soup, but it’s a great combo. I used whole milk with a little flour mixed into it instead of cream and I added some fresh garlic. Will make again!
I am so glad you liked Baby Bella Mushroom & Potato Soup! Thank you for stopping by to leave a comments!
Pingback: Baby Bella Mushroom & Potato Soup | Recipes Video Search