20-Min New York Strip Steak Recipe with Barbecue Sauce is brought to you by Albertsons Market Street supermarket. Thank you!
New York Strip Steak Recipe
Super Easy & Quick 20-Min New York Strip Steak Recipe – pan seared in garlicky rosemary oil and served with Delicious Homemade Barbecue Sauce from Scratch.
This steak recipe is super delicious, it is gluten and dairy free & requires 20 minutes to make.
The steak recipe is located at the bottom of this post.
Before you start scrolling down, I am so excited to share about an amazing Grand opening of ONE of the BIGGEST Albertsons Market Street supermarket in USA, located at 3499 E. Fairview Ave. Meridian, ID by the Village.
The grand opening happened on Saturday March 9, 2019.
It is pure Gorgeousness!
Albertsons Market Street Grand Opening
Albertsons Market Street has over 100,000 square feet of amazing departments.
Tons of ORGANIC produce and products, as for me this is huge cause I try to buy as much Organic products as I can.
Scratch-made breads and pastries, in-store made tortillas, specialty desserts, irresistible chocolate creations, gelato, mochi and Nuts on Clark popcorn, popped in-store.
Steak and Seafood
At the butcher block and fish market, you’ll discover an assortment of meat and seafood, including a live lobster tank and oyster bar, fresh-made sausages, in-house dry aged beef, and local meats and sustainable seafood from Idaho and around the globe.
My favorite store to buy steak like New York Strip Steaks.
Explore in-store roasted and smoked meats, and hundreds of varieties of scrumptious cheeses, including fresh house-made mozzarella, in deli and specialty cheese departments.
Albertsons Market Street
Albertsons Market Street offering all the essentials you need and so much more, you will find culinary delights around every corner.
Discover new flavors with regular tastings and demos.
Uncover unique ingredients for those special meals or food allergens.
Take a break, and enjoy restaurant style meals created by in-store chefs.
Or take it to go, or dine at full-service bistro and bar, Talon Tap and Spirits, serving an impressive list of beer, wine and liquor.
Come see it for yourself!
3499 E. Fairview Ave., Meridian, ID
Now scroll down to get NY Strip Steak Recipes on the Stove & if YOU want more Easy Recipes Updates come over & follow Munchkin Time on my favorite social media, where I share Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
New York Strip Steak Recipe with Barbecue Sauce:
Now back to this delicious NY Steak Strip Recipe:
Before cooking steak, let the meat sit in a room temperature for at least 20 minutes before cooking.
So take your steak out of the fridge and while the meat rests prepare the rest of the ingredients.
How to Make Homemade BBQ Sauce:
This BBQ Sauce is super easy to make: Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients inside a small sauce pan and bring it to a gentle boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring few times.
Turn off the heat and set aside.
How to Cook New York Steak in a Pan:
When you are ready to cook the steak, in the mixing bowl combine garlic, rosemary, salt, oil and black pepper.
Smear all over the steak, then preheat the cast iron skillet until super hot (I got my cast iron skillet at the Albertsons Market Street).
How Long to Cook Steak on Stove?
Splash a little amount of grape seed oil, wait till it gets hot then add the New York Strip steaks.
For rare cook 1 inch-thick steak 4 minutes each side, for medium 6 minutes each side, and 8-10 minutes each side for well-done.
What to Serve with New York Strip Steak?
Slice the steak and add homemade BBQ sauce over the top, garnish with chopped rosemary.
How to Store Cooked Steak?
Store steak in airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Q. Do you like this 20-Min New York Strip Steak Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
- 3 New York strip Steaks, I got mine from Albertsons Street Market
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil, more for pan-searing
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ granulated garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lets make Homemade Barbecue Sauce first:
- Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring it to a gentle boil, simmer for 10 minutes, stirring few times. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Very important step is to let your steaks stand in room temperature for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- In a mixing bowl combine 5 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, 3 tablespoons of grape seed oil, 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped rosemary and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Smear the garlicky rosemary mixture evenly all over the steaks.
- Drizzle a little amount of grape seed oil into a cast iron skillet, preheat it on medium/high heat.
- Add steaks to a hot pan and cook: for rare 2-3 minutes each side, for medium 4 minutes each side, and 5-6 minutes each side for well-done.
- Remove from the skillet and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with warm homemade BBQ Sauce and Mashed Potatoes or my favorite Creamy Scalloped Potatoes.