4th of July Patriotic Berry Trifle Recipe – Individual portions of these patriotic 4th of July berry trifles are perfect for celebrating the holiday or as a fresh summer dessert. Made with layers of fresh berries, whipped vanilla pudding, and angel food cake, each bite is rich and refreshing.
The sunny summer weather calls for fresh berries and sweet desserts! My go-to sweet treats of choice are Vanilla Cake Pops and Cinnamon Roll Apples in summer, but sometimes it’s just way too hot to turn the oven on. When July rolls around, I’m always excited to leave the oven alone and dedicate my time to create fresh and sweet no bake desserts instead.
My patriotic 4th of July Angel Cake and Berry Trifle Recipe has all the flavors of summer. An easy no bake dessert, these individual trifles are made with layers of angel food cake, creamy whipped vanilla pudding, and summer berries. It’s a crowd pleasing treat you can bring to fourth of July parties or as a quick and simple dessert for the family.
There are 3 layers in this easy summer trifle:
- Angel food cake.
- Whipped vanilla pudding cream.
- A medley of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Assembly is a piece of cake! Ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes, you can easily serve these summer berry trifles as a make ahead or last minute dessert. All you need are 6 simple ingredients!
Summer berry trifle ingredients
An extra creamy whipped vanilla pudding cream is the real star of this very berry trifle recipe. Combining whipped cream with milk and vanilla pudding makes each bite rich, sweet, and delectable. Complete next to homemade or storebought angel food cake and berries, you get the ultimate summer dessert!
All you need are 6 ingredients to put this no bake trifle together:
- Angel food cake
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla pudding
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Berries (like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
How to make a patriotic berry trifle
Step 1: Using a standing mixer or handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream until it becomes fluffy.
Step 2: Mix the milk with the vanilla pudding before adding in the condensed milk. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
Step 3: Slice the angel food cake into small squares.
Step 4: Assemble the trifles starting with a layer of angel food cake on the bottom of the individual glasses. Add some vanilla cream on top, then place sliced strawberries and blueberries on top or around the edge of the glass. Repeat until you reach the top, then garnish with a cherry!
Can I make it into one large trifle?
Of course! Instead of individual portions, assemble each element into a large trifle dish. Cover the dish with plastic when it’s done and keep the trifle in the fridge until it’s time to eat.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Angel food cake berry trifles are best enjoyed within a few hours of assembly. The longer they sit, the soggier the cake will become.
Instead, you can prepare the cake and vanilla cream and store them separately. Once whipped, the vanilla cream will stay fresh in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Angel food cake can be stored at room temperature for 2 days.
Assemble the trifles an hour or two before the party starts or right before dinner, store them in the fridge, then enjoy!
More no bake desserts to enjoy
- Raspberry Fool Recipe
- Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Mousse in Chocolate Cups
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
4th of July Angel Cake and Berry Trifle Recipe
- 24 oz angel food cake homemade or store bought
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream super cold
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lb berries we used strawberries, blueberries and cherries for garnish
- Whisk cold heavy whipping cream for about 3-4 minutes or until it becomes fluffy. Place in the fridge.
- In a big bowl mix milk with vanilla pudding until combined. Add condensed milk. Mix again. Carefully fold whipping cream.
- Slice angel food cake into small squares or rectangles and create a small layer of sliced cake in tall glass cups like we are using. We had two layers of angel cake in each glass.
- Add cream. Add sliced strawberries and blueberries. Repeat step 3 and 4. Garnish with any fruit of your choice. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this No Bake Berry Truffle Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Quote of the Day
And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
God Bless America!!!
This recipe was updated with new images and video on June 16, 2021.