Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies – A simple recipe that requires no fancy equipment, no chill time, and is ready in 30 minutes! These Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies Recipe is made with double the chocolate and gooey marshmallows, making each rich and fudgy bite as indulgent and delicious as the next!
When YOU make Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies please tag us on @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
This marshmallow chocolate chip cookies recipe is so easy to make with simple baking staples that you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried them before. This recipe is even suitable for kids as it was my daughter who created it!
So, the next time you’re craving a cookie that is soft and chewy, loaded with yummy add-ins, and has the perfect balance of sweet and salty, this is a recipe that you’ll keep coming back to!
Plus, the aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through your house is enough to make you want to make these again and again!
Ingredients for Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- All-Purpose Flour: As always, baking is a science, so measure your flour correctly. This is the main component of the dry ingredients giving the cookie its structure and consistency.
- Cocoa Powder: Use Dutch Processed cocoa powder for this recipe, as it has an overall darker color, and a milder flavor, and reacts well with the baking powder. It also dissolves easier in water.
- Baking Powder: This leavening agent helps to create a light and airy cookie. Don’t swap this for baking soda because the baking soda won’t react well with the Dutch Processed cocoa!
- Salted Butter, Softened: Take the butter out about 30 minutes ahead of time so it has a chance to come to room temperature. It’s much easier to cream and become light and fluffy if it’s not cold!
- Granulated Sugar & Brown Sugar: My daughter decided to use both granulated sugar and brown sugar. They both add sweetness, mainly because the cocoa is unsweetened, but the brown sugar adds extra moisture as well as a beautiful caramel flavor.
- Egg: This helps to bind the cookie dough so that once they’re all baked, they don’t fall apart.
- Water: Helps to thin out the cookie dough and helps to dissolve the cocoa powder.
- Vanilla Extract: A lovely warming delicious flavor enhancer.
- Chocolate Chips: We like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips so we don’t overload these cookies with any extra sweetness.
- Mini Marshmallows: Little gooey bits are found in every bite! Use mini so that you can fit a lot in one cookie!
- Sea Salt: This finishing touch adds an extra bit of salt to the sweet decadence. Sea salt and chocolate are like a match made in heaven!
How to Make Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Step 1: First, to a mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and whisk everything together.
Step 3: To the butter and sugar mixture, add the egg, water, and vanilla, continuing to mix.
Step 4: Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of the stand mixer and mix everything to combine.
Step 5: Now, mix in the chocolate chips. You can also remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula or wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
Step 6: Use a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to scoop out the dough, place each dough ball onto the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet and press 3 mini marshmallows on top. Repeat with the remaining dough and arrange the balls in a single layer with space in between each one for a bit of spreading.
Step 8: Finally, bake in a preheated 350-degree oven on the middle rack for 9-10 minutes. Once out of the oven, immediately sprinkle each cookie with a bit of flaked sea salt and then allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Now, if you want the marshmallows to have a golden burnt color broil on high for few seconds or use a torch to roast the marshmallows to give them that fire roasted color. Let cool and enjoy!
Enjoy your freshly baked marshmallow chocolate cookies with a cold glass of milk, a warm cup of tea, or a bowl of vanilla ice cream!
- You can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips if you prefer. You can even swap them with white chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or peanut butter chips instead!
- To keep your cookies nice and chewy, you want them slightly underdone. They will be slightly crispy on the outside and soft in the center but will continue to bake and set as they cool on the baking sheet.
- A cookie scoop is highly recommended. It’s the best way to ensure all the cookies are the same size which makes it easier to bake them all evenly.
- A silicone baking mat or parchment paper is the best way to bake these cookies without having them stick. The marshmallows and melted chocolate can become quite sticky once melted.
Do I need to use a stand mixer?
No! You can just as easily use an electric hand mixer or mix it completely by hand. If you’re not used to the stand mixer, you may want to mix by hand to prevent any over mixing or overworking of the dough.
Should I chill the dough?
It’s not necessary at all, however, there are a couple of issues that may come up where it might be a good idea. The first is if your butter is too soft or almost melted.
This will cause your cookies to spread too much and become flat. So, before you scoop the dough, place it in the fridge to chill for a few minutes.
The other reason is if your dough is too sticky. Placing it into the fridge will make it easier to work with.
More Cookie Recipes:
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar if you like super sweet cookies add more sugar like up to 1 cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips semi- sweet
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Into a mixing bowl add 1 3/4 cups of flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and give it a good whisk.
- Using a sand mixer with paddle or whisk attachment, beat 1 cup of butter with 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- After add 1 egg, 2 tablespoons water and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Beat until everything is combined.
- Now, add flour mixture, beat until combined. Lastly, stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Using small ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment pepper. Press 3 mini marshmallows into the dough and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- If you want the marshmallows to have a golden burnt color broil on high for few seconds or use a torch to roast the marshmallows to give them that fire roasted color. Let cool and enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe?
Let us know in the comments below, we would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”