Best Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies – if you love huge, soft, gooey and fully loaded chocolate chip cookies with walnuts then this giant cookie recipe is for you!
It is one of my favorite Dessert Recipes!
These giant chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make using simple ingredients and no chilling of the dough. They’re great for freezing, and the best way to curb any cookie craving!
Simply made with your basic pantry staples, this big chocolate chip cookie ends up being soft, chewy, and all kinds of melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
I’m going to show you the easiest method to make one of the best giant chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had! It comes fully loaded with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and has a sweet buttery cookie base that is perfect for any occasion.
These are impressive enough for the holidays on any cookie tray, but simple enough to make on a whim when you’re craving some good old-fashioned chunky homemade cookies.
You can also swap out the chocolate chips and walnuts to customize them to your tastes. This means that you can make different kinds of cookies from the same dough!
- All-purpose flour – The base of the dry ingredients. All-purpose flour will give the cookies great texture as well as structure. Baking is a science, so remember to always measure your flour correctly for the best results.
- Cornstarch – Used as a thickener, and when added in cookies helps to create a softer, thicker texture.
- Baking powder & Baking soda – Both are used in these cookies because there isn’t enough acid in the other ingredients to react with just one. To create a light and airy texture which helps to avoid heavy, dense cookies we’re using both!
- Sea salt – Rounds out all of the ingredients and brings them together by enhancing each flavor and balancing out the sweetness.
- Butter – Room temperature butter cut into cubes will help keep the cookies nice and thick. Melted butter will have the opposite effect, so make sure the butter isn’t too warm!
- Brown sugar & white granulated sugar (I like to use Organic Sugar) – These two sugars will add sweetness but the brown sugar will also add moisture and a deeper flavor, which is lovely.
- Eggs – Needed for binding, otherwise, the cookies might start to crumble!
- Vanilla extract – A warming flavor used in all kinds of baking that adds an incredible element that would be missed if it weren’t there.
- Walnuts & chocolate chips – Coarse, chunky, nutty, and chocolatey! Might just be the best part 😉
How to Make the Best Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
Step 1: To make the best giant chocolate chip cookies, first preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
Step 4: Take the bowl of dry ingredients and add it to the wet ingredients, slowly. Mix on low speed until everything is combined.
Step 6: Using a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, add 3 scoops of cookie dough into your hand. Shape each one into a giant cookie. You should have about 15 cookies.
Step 7: Place the cookies onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart. They shouldn’t spread too much, but you still need enough room for that.
Step 7: Bake on the center rack for 12 minutes or until slightly golden.
Step 8: Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before enjoying them. You can then move them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely if you’re not ready to eat them yet!
- Using parchment paper is required for nonstick. There’s nothing worse than destroying perfect cookies that are stuck on the tray! A silicone baking sheet is also a great option.
- Do not over mix the cookies. You want to keep enough air in the batter that will help keep them from becoming too dense.
- Measure your flour correctly. Use the spoon and level method. Do not pack the flour in there using the measuring cup to scoop out the flour. Instead, use a spoon to add the flour to the measuring cup. Then use the back of a knife to scrape off the excess. When you pack the flour, you add way more than the recipe requires.
- Brown sugar is the opposite. Pack away!
- Switch up the add-ins to whatever you prefer. Substitute almonds or pecans for walnuts. Completely omit the nuts if desired, and swap with some raisins or cranberries.
- Use white chocolate or butterscotch chips for a twist.
- Making giant cookies can look different depending on what you like. Do you prefer flatter larger cookies? Or thicker but not as large in circumference? It’s up to you! The warmer your butter, the more it’ll spread.
Can I make Chocolate Chip Cookies gluten-free?
You might! Gluten-free flour (almond flour for example) will give these cookies a different taste as well as texture just because of the lack of structural components, but they will still be great.
Can I Use This Cookie Recipe to Make Regular-Sized Cookies?
Definitely! Use the same recipe, form them into regular-sized cookies and decrease the bake time a bit.
Can I Freeze the Cookie Dough?
If you’re not going to be baking some of the cookies right away, form them into balls, flash freeze them on a baking tray (so they don’t stick together when stored), and then freeze them in a freezer-friendly bag for up to 3 months.
How to Store Cookies?
These delicious cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week. Don’t worry though, they’ll be gone long before that!
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw first and then bake to enjoy at a later date!
Check Out These Delicious Baking Ideas:
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
- First, preheat the oven to 400F. Then line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a bowl combine all dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Mix well. In a different bowl combine butter, brown sugar and sugar, whisk with a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add 1 egg and whisk about, add another egg and whisk again. Whisk in vanilla.
- After, add flour and beat on low speed, until all ingredients are combined. Using spatula fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using small ice cream scoops add 3 scoops of cookie dough onto your hand and shape 15 giant cookies. Place cookies onto a baking sheets 2 inches apart (12 cookies per large baking sheet or 6 cookies on a small baking sheet).
- Bake on center rack for 12 minutes or until slightly golden color (don't over bake them). After cool cookies on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. Enjoy while warm.
Do YOU like this Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day