Links to Amazon from this site are affiliate links. This means the author make a small percentage when you click & shop. Your cost is the same. We only recommend things we love & use.
Baked Alaska is an easy and crazy delicious holiday dessert. An individual Baked Alaska cakes made of delicious cupcakes, caramel hazelnut ice cream and fluffy meringue.
They kinda look like fire balls on the plate and taste like yummy cloud.
This Christmas dessert will please the crowd!
How to make Baked Alaska?
Watch this recipe video to see how easy is it to make this easy Alaska Cake:
How to store Chocolate Cake after baking?
Store chocolate Alaska cakes inside airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
See YOU there!!!
A Must Try Holiday Recipes:
Easy Baked Alaska Cake Recipe
- 6 jumbo size chocolate cup cakes or 12 cup cakes without frosting sliced in half
- 6 cups of hazelnut caramel ice cream or any ice cream of your choice, softened
- 7 egg whites room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
How to make Baked Alaska:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place first layer of the cup cakes on a parchment paper and spoon on top about 1 cup of ice cream. Cover the ice cream with the second cup cake layer, place plastic wrap on top and freeze for about 3o minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the freezer cover individual Baked Alaska with meringue, creating little stiff peaks with the end of the spatula or back of the spoon, then freeze for about 2 hours or over night, or until your guests are ready to have a dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Bake Baked Alaska cakes until meringue turns golden brown color, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
There are two ways of making baked Alaska meringue:
- First one is super simple and it requires a hand mixer. Whisk egg whites on high speed for about 2 minutes, add cream of tartar, whisk for 3 minutes. Slowly add 1 cup of sugar, then continue whisking until stiff peak forms, about 5 minutes.
- Another way of making meringue for baked Alaska cake is using a simmering water and placing a bowl over the top. In a small sauce pan add about 1 cup of water and bring it to a gentle boil. In a mixing bowl add eggs whites and sugar, then place the bowl over the simmering water, whisk for about 7 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and the mixture registers 140°F. Now, using hand mixer, add cream of tartar and whisk on high speed until stiff peak forms about 3-5 minutes.
Q. Do you like this Holiday Cake Recipe?
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day my friend!