Mexican food is full of flavor. It can be spicy like red chunky salsa that can get your whole mouth get on fire, and make you feel like a dragon ready to burst with flame. Or it can be nice and cheesy like cheese quesadilla, my daughter’s favorite. She just loves biting it and pulling that stringy cheese (yummy :D). As for me my favorite Mexican flavor is taco flavor. Just imagine this: first you bite thru a crispy tortilla, then your tongue reaches hot and creamy shredded chicken, followed by cool and moist tomato cubes, then slimy avocado twirling in your mouth, before you know it you feel a crunch of a cold lettuce on your teeth, and to finish that amazingly delicious roller coaster, your mouth will stop and your lips will make a move on that white, warm, and super stringy mozzarella cheese. I don’t know about you but I am drooling over here. Now where were I? Oh yeah Mexican Tacos… …here is what we had for dinner 🙂 Tacos full of flavor…. I am so proud of this dish since it was my first time making it. More like my little black crock-pot made it in 4 hours. All what I did was cutting and fixing these babies together.
Pinch of Flour
1 envelope Taco Seasoning 1oz.
6 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 jar Salsa (16 0z)
- Place chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa into the crock pot and turn in on high for 4 hours.
- After it is done take out 1/4 cup of salsa juice from the crock pot and add some flour like 1 tbs (you can add more or less if you like, to thickener the sauce) and mix it well with a fork.
- Place everything in the skillet on mid-heat.
- With a wooden spoon or forks shred your chicken.
- Slowly add salsa juice with flour while mixing it with a spoon.
- You can skip this one if you like but I like adding cream cheese to the meat.
- After cream cheese melt your chicken is ready to be placed on tortillas.
- Add toppings to your taste.
- Then place it on a skillet with a little oil and fry it on low-mid until cheese melts.
- Now enjoy 😀
Here is where you can find the original recipe: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/crockpot-chicken-tacos-with-leftovers-for-tortilla-soup/