Vanilla Cake Pops Recipe – Soft and easy vanilla cake pops are so easy to make in a cake pop maker! Indulge in one or four, or gift them to friends and family as a special treat.
Surprise your kids or treat-loving-friends with the best and easiest Vanilla Cake Pops ever! Made in the Babycakes Cake Pops Maker, this dessert is surprisingly easy to make and is just as delicious as your everyday vanilla cake (but with much less hassle).
When YOU make this Vanilla Cake Pops Recipe please tag my name @munchkintimeblog and hashtag #munchkinrecipes on Instagram, I would LOVE to see your creation.
The Babycakes Cake Pops Maker makes this recipe a breeze. Its small molds help to form the cake batter into perfectly round balls every time. This easy cake pop recipe is done baking in minutes, meaning you can spend more time preparing the fun and seasonal decorations.
Cake pops from scratch can be decorated to suit any taste bud, season, or holiday. I chose to decorate these pops with a pink chocolate glaze and white sprinkles for Valentine’s Day. Whip up a batch to celebrate pumpkin season, as a two-bite treat for Easter, or shape them into a snowman during winter!
What are cake pops?
Have you ever had a craving for cake but didn’t want to indulge in an entire slice? That’s what cake pops are for! Made with the same batter as your favorite cake, cake pops are baked into a small ball shape, pierced with a stick, then covered in a melted chocolate glaze or frosting.
Cake pops come in all flavors, shapes, and sizes. You can usually find cake pops at Starbucks, but I highly recommend making them at home for the freshest flavor.
What you need to make the best vanilla cake pop recipe
Just like your favorite vanilla cake recipe, these small cake treats are soft, sweet, and fluffy. The Babycakes Cake Pops Maker is necessary when you want to bake the best cake pops to perfection. Otherwise, all you need are simple ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Pink chocolate glaze
- White sprinkles
How to make vanilla cake pops with a cake pop maker
Step 1 – Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
Step 2 – Use an electric mixer to whisk the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
Step 3 – Add the vanilla and eggs into the bowl and whisk until fully combined.
Step 4 – Combine half of the dry ingredients and the milk into the wet ingredients. Whisk, and then add the rest of the flour. Continue whisking until fully combined.
Step 5 – Pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each of the cake pop maker molds. Close the top and bake until the green light comes on.
Step 6 – While the cake pops cool, make the glaze by melting the chocolate in the microwave.
Step 7 – Pierce with a cake pop stick. Dip each pop in the melted chocolate so the cake is fully coated. Add the sprinkles on top, and then place them in the fridge to fully cool and harden.
Tips and substitutions
- Put the cooled cake pops without the glaze into the freezer. Letting them freeze helps the texture of the cake and makes glazing really easy.
- The cake batter will be on the thicker side, similar to a pound cake.
- If spooning the batter into the molds is too messy, use small ice cream scoop or transfer batter to a piping bag and pipe it into the molds instead.
- You can use melted chocolate to coat the cake pops for a solid glaze or dip them in vanilla buttercream instead.
- Melting chocolate, like Wilton candy melts, are much easier to melt than chocolate chips.
- Dip the cake pop stick in a little glaze before topping it with the ball of cake. This helps the cake pop to stay in place.
- Instead of swirling the pop around in the glaze and potentially breaking the cake apart, dunk it straight down into the melted chocolate and slowly bring it back up.
How to store cake pops
Cake pops can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for a few days. Don’t keep them in the fridge or else unwelcome condensation will surround the cake pop and ruin the texture.
More two-bite dessert recipes
Easy Vanilla Cake Pops with Cake Pop Maker
- Baby Cake Pops Maker
- In a large mixing bowl wisk butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Wisk.
- Add 1/2 flour mixture into the egg mixture, wisk then add milk. Wisk. Add another 1/2 of flour mixture. Wisk.
- Using small ice cream scoop add 1 tbsp of batter into each cake pop maker molds.
- Close the top and bake for 5 minutes…or until green light turns ON.
- Pull them out and let them cool. After they are cooled put them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. (This really helps to glaze cake pops)
- To glaze, melt white chocolate in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, add pink food coloring to make pink chocolate glaze.
- Pierce cake pops with a cake pop stick. Dip each pop in the melted chocolate so the cake is fully coated, tap on the edge of the bowl to get rid of extra chocolate. Add the sprinkles on top, and then place them in the fridge to fully cool and harden. Enjoy!
Did YOU like this Vanilla Cake Pops Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
This recipe was updated February 22, 2021.