Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Do you know what makes The Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese?
Or how to make creamy Mac and cheese at home with real ingredients like cheddar cheese and milk?
Here is an easy Mac and Cheese Recipe that I make regularly for my girls.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese makes Mac and Cheese super creamy when combined with evaporated milk or whole milk, and adding delicious ham takes this recipe to another level.
You and your kiddos will love this Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe.
How to Make the Best Mac & Cheese:
- Try not to use EXTRA-SHARP or Mild CHEDDAR CHEESE because it will make the sauce look grainier and not creamy.
- Also Don’t Use Nonfat milk when making homemade Mac and Cheese, the cheese sauce will not turn out as creamy as you want.
- Instead use whole milk or 2% low-fat milk. When using 2% low-fat milk simmer sauce a little longer.
Hope these tips and tricks will help you make The Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese With Ham.
Scroll down to see how to make The Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese With Ham Recipe & if YOU want more Easy Recipes Updates come over & follow Munchkin Time on my favorite social media, where I share Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
How to Make Homemade Mac and Cheese:
Using Instant Pot, add uncooked macaroni, water, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste.
Mix well, cover and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Quick Release Pressure.
How to Make Creamy Mac and Cheese:
After the pressure is released open the lid, and press the sauce button.
Pour in evaporated milk or whole milk and ham, cook for 1-3 minutes or until sauce is creamy texture.
Turn off the Instant Pot. Stir in cheese 1/2 cup at a time.
If needed more seasoning, season with more salt and pepper.
Q. – Do YOU like this Instant Pot Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12oz can evaporated milk or 1½ cup organic whole milk
- 1 cup organic ham, cut into little cubes
- 1 cup sharp chadder cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Using Instant pot, add 2 cups of uncooked macaroni, 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of dry mustard, ⅛ cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well, cover and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick Release Pressure.
- After the pressure is released open the lid, and press the sauce button. Pour in 12 oz. evaporated milk or 1½ cup of whole milk and 1 cup of cut ham, cook for 1-3 minutes or until sauce is creamy texture.
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Stir in cheese ½ cup at a time. If needed, season more with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with Italian Salad or Loaded Baked Eggplant - my Favorite side dish. Enjoy!
If you make Mac and Cheese in Instant Pot PLEASE hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, I would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have an amazing joyful day!