10-minute Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe is fresh, vibrant, and so beautiful! It’s a quick and easy 10-minute salsa made with creamy avocado, cilantro, and lime with the addition of jalapeno for a spicy kick!
All raw so there’s no turning on the stove, or boiling anything. It’s just a matter of chopping everything, combining everything in a bowl, and giving it a toss.
I love serving this on nights we’re enjoying a Mexican-themed menu. My kids love it even with the jalapeno! It’s more for flavor than it is spice, but if you don’t want it in yours feel free to omit it.
We eat it as a starter or appetizer, as a side, or as a salad to be honest. It’s just so good, if you’re like me, you’ll find any excuse to make it!
Key Ingredients for Corn Avocado Salsa
The amounts listed are for serving 4 people. Easily double or triple the amounts for serving a larger crowd.
- Avocado – All you need is one large avocado, peeled and cubed.
- Corn kernels – I use organic cooked corn. When I have leftovers from the corn on the cob I made the night before, I’ll always use the extras and take the kernels off for this salsa.
- Fresh cilantro – Adding cilantro gives is a delicious herbaceous flavor which pairs well with the lime juice!
- Red onion – Crispy, slightly sweet, and mild. Red onion adds a nice crunchy element.
- Jalapeno – Take out the seeds and chop it finely. For more heat, you can leave in a few seeds.
- Lime juice – A pop of citrus to liven up the flavors. Balances out the creamy avocado so nicely.
- Salt & pepper – A bit to taste!
How to Cut an Avocado
Step 1: To do this properly, you’ll need a sharp kitchen knife and a sturdy cutting board. Hold the avocado sturdy in one hand on the cutting board, and your knife in your cutting hand.
Step 2: Carefully slice the avocado lengthwise down the center. You will hit the pit, in which case you can pick up the avocado and rotate the knife around so that you are slicing all the way around and up the other side of the pit.
Step 3: Put the knife down and with both hands, twist the two halves of the avocado apart. Now, you’ve got one half of the avocado with a pit, and the other half with the shallowed out area.
Step 4: To remove the pit, carefully stab the pit with the length of a sharp blade. Just enough so that the pit is stuck to the knife. Gently rotate the pit and lift it out. Discard the pit.
Step 5: Take the tip of your knife and cut the flesh of the avocado making even slits down one direction. Then, do this across the other direction, making little cubes. Scoop out the cubes from the avocado skin and they’re ready for use!
How to Make Corn Salsa
Step 1: Gather and prepare all the ingredients. Peel and chop the avocado and onions, cut kernels off of the cob (or open a can!), wash and chop the parsley, and chop the jalapeno.
Step 2: Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl, squirt the lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Give everything a good gentle toss to combine.
Serve right away or let it sit a while and allow the flavors to meld into each other even more!
- For extra flavor and a bit of smoky char, use roasted corn kernels. So good!
- I recommend wearing cooking gloves while you are removing the seeds and chopping up the jalapeno. One wrong move from hand to eye and it’s not fun!
- Use ripe avocado. It’ll be nice and creamy and easier to chop up.
- Stick to fresh lime juice from a lime, not a bottle. This recipe for corn salsa has so few ingredients that you want to use the best quality of each one.
- Sliced cherry or plum tomatoes would be a nice acidic addition.
- Sweet juicy mango would add amazing flavor and texture.
- Red, orange, or yellow bell pepper for crunch, sweetness, and beautiful color.
- If you love fresh garlic, grate some into your salsa.
- Adding cumin to your seasoning blend adds a warm earthy flavor that strikes a nice balance to the bright zesty flavors.
- Turn this into a black bean and avocado corn salsa! Added protein while keeping it vegetarian is a great way to bulk up the recipe.
Ways to Use Avocado Corn Salsa
My kids and I adore this salsa on almost anything! We could eat a bowl of it with a spoon and a smile!
When hosting a crowd for game day parties, potlucks, or any sort of fiesta, I will complete it with any or all of the following:
Scoop it up with tortilla chips, crackers, or bread.
On top of The BEST burger recipe!
10-minute Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled & cubed
- 1 cup organic corn cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium lime juice freshly squeezed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients by peeling and finely chopping them. When chopping jalapeño I would highly recommend using cooking gloves. Combine sliced avocado, 1 cup of corn, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/2 of small chopped jalapeno, 1/2 of lime juice, salt & pepper to taste.
- Gently, stir avocado salsa mixture using a spoon. Serve with Spicy Shrimp Patties. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Salsa Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Click on the PICTURE to learn how to make Spicy Shrimp Patties.
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have an amazing day!
This recipe was updated April 18, 2022. Recipe is still the same delicious!