Links to Amazon from this site are affiliate links. This means the author make a small percentage when you click & shop. Your cost is the same. We only recommend things we love & use.
15-Min Mexican White Sauce Recipe is a must to use in chimichangas recipes.
Creamy white and delicious sauce made of simple ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream and green chillies.
The white sauce gives Chimichangas an amazing flavor and makes them super juicy on the inside.
Use leftover white sauce for dipping chimichangas, it is so good!
Check Out these Popular Recipes:
How to Make Mexican White Sauce:
Using a small sauce pan, melt butter on medium heat.
Add flour, stir and cook for about 1-2 minute.
Into the same pan add sour cream, cream cheese, green chillies, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
After it starts boiling, turn off the heat and use in Chicken Chimichangas Recipe. Enjoy!
Do you like this White Sauce Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
10-Min Mexican White Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted
- 3 Tablespoons flour all-purpose variety
- 2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 oz can of green chilies drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce I use sriracha
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a small sauce pan, melt 1/4 cup butter on medium heat.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of flour, stir and cook for about 1-2 minute.
- Slowly whisk in a small amount of chicken broth, whisk until there are no lumps then whisk in the rest of the chicken broth. Bring it to a boil.
- Into the same pan add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup cream cheese, 4 oz. green chillies, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- After it starts boiling turn off the heat and use in like Chicken Chimichangas Recipe. Enjoy!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have an amazing day!