Orange Juice Recipe – Freshly squeezed, refreshing immune juice made with 5 ingredients tossed in a juicer! The sweetness of whole fruits plus turmeric root and no added sugar makes this an easy and delicious way to boost your family’s immune system once cold and flu season comes around!
When YOU make this Orange Juice Recipe tag us on @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
This super delicious immune juice is a copycat recipe from the Clean Juice Shop and might I say it tastes even better than the original!
It’s also nice to save a few bucks by making it at home.
It’s a boosted-up orange pineapple juice made with lemon juice, carrots, pineapple, oranges, and turmeric root. The natural sweetness from the fruit plus the zest from the lemon and citrusy notes from the orange gives it the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and refreshing flavor!
I make this immunity juice year-round but even more once the kids are back in school. I love that it’s so easy to whip up in no time so that I can prepare it fresh in the morning.
They love it, which means they are getting increased vitamins A and C among others, antioxidants, folic acid, and more. It also helps that this best fruit juice recipe tastes AMAZING!
Ingredients Needed for Immune Juice
- Lemon: You’ll need a quarter of a lemon plus the peel. The peel has plenty of antioxidants and vitamins in it, which is why we want to keep it!
- Carrots: Peeled carrots add a beautiful orange color to the juice, but also plenty of vitamin A and natural sweetness.
- Pineapple: If you have fresh-cut pineapple, I highly recommend using it. Especially if it’s juicy and sweet! However, if you have frozen pineapple chunks you can use those too. Avoid any canned pineapple with syrup as it contains added sugar we don’t want.
- Oranges, peeled: Homemade orange juice needs fresh juicy oranges! We won’t be adding the peels because too many peels can start to add bitterness.
- Turmeric Root, peeled: So many health benefits come from turmeric root including anti-inflammatory properties. If you don’t have the fresh root you can substitute 2-4 teaspoons of ground turmeric.
How to Make Orange Juice
- Add all the ingredients to a juicer and juice.
- Pour it into a glass with ice and enjoy!
- This juice is best enjoyed immediately. That’s when the nutrients are at their most potent. Plus, it just tastes better freshly made!
- Using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Ninja or slow cold-pressed juicer like Nama Well Cold Press Juicer, will help puree the peels and fibrous carrots so that you don’t have any grittiness left. Some types of blenders won’t be able to get it that fine.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender and you find you do have residual grit, you can strain your juice through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer if you want.
- The juice from the fruit gives this orange juice the perfect consistency for me and my family but feel free to add a bit of water to the blender if you want yours a bit thinner. Or if you find your blender needs a bit of water to make it blend easier.
- Play around with the amount of ingredients that suit your tastes. If you like fewer carrots but more pineapple go for it. If you like more orange and less pineapple, do that! It’s up to you.
Immune ORANGE Juice
- Juicer cold press juicer
- 1/4 medium lemon washed with peel
- 5-6 medium carrots peeled
- 1 cup pineapple fresh
- 2 medium oranges peeled
- 1 inch turmeric root peeled, more if desired
- Blend all of the ingredients inside the juicer. Pour the juice onto a glass and enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Orange Juice Recipe?
Let us know in the comments below, we would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!