One Pan Roasted Salmon With Broccoli And Potatoes – Roasting salmon fillets, broccoli, and potatoes on one pan makes for a simple and flavorful dinner. Fresh herbs and lemon juice add brightness while the breadcrumb coating gives each bite of salmon a little crunch. Try it for a quick and easy meal tonight!
Sheet pan dinners are not only delicious and healthy but they’re a breeze to put together! You can make them with salmon and roasted vegetables, chicken and pasta, or even crab and brussels sprouts. Clean up is a cinch when each element is baked on one pan.
When YOU make Easy One Pan Salmon Recipe, PLEASE tag @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
My One Pan Roasted Salmon With Broccoli And Potatoes recipe is the ultimate family dinner. Flakey crusted salmon is so buttery soft and brightened with a hint of lemon juice and fresh parsley. Paired with golden brown potatoes and broccoli on the side, you can count on this dish when you need something healthy, easy, and full of flavor.
Baking the salmon, potatoes, and broccoli on one sheet pan means you can spend less time cleaning up and more time eating with your family. It’s a win-win!
Ingredients for baked crusted salmon with vegetables
The salmon, broccoli, and potatoes in this recipe are seasoned with a handful of simple ingredients like fresh herbs, lemon juice, and butter. No fancy equipment required! It’s all cooked together on one sheet pan. These are all the ingredients you need to make an easy salmon dinner:
- Salmon fillets
- Baby potatoes
- Red onion
How to make sheet pan salmon and broccoli
Step 1: Roast the seasoned potatoes and red onion on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Step 2: While the potatoes are roasting, season the broccoli. Add it to the baking sheet with the potatoes to cook for a few minutes.
Step 3: Combine the breadcrumbs, melted butter, parsley together in a bowl to make the crust for the salmon.
Step 4: Make some room on the baking sheet for the salmon fillets. Lay each one on the sheet and squeeze lemon juice over top. Season the fillets with salt and pepper and finish by adding some of the crumb mixture on top.
Step 5: Bake everything one last time for about 15 minutes and serve.
How long to bake salmon?
The thicker your salmon fillets, the longer they need to bake. Salmon shouldn’t need more than 15 minutes in the oven at 425ºF but 8 to 10 minutes is usually the sweet spot (depending if you like it more rare or well done). An instant read thermometer should read 145ºF in the thickest part of the salmon when it’s done.
Another easy way to tell that the salmon is done baking is to look at the flakiness. Use a fork to scrape the fillet – does it flake easily? If yes, then it’s ready to come out of the oven!
Tips and variations
- You don’t have to make this recipe with potatoes or broccoli. Feel free to swap the veggies for anything you like, such as asparagus, sweet potatoes, broccolini, red potatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, and more. Just adjust the baking time depending on what you use.
- If you don’t have salmon, make this recipe with skinless boneless chicken breasts instead. You can still add the breadcrumb crust on top as well!
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, replace the breadcrumb coating on the salmon with a honey glaze instead.
- To make this recipe gluten free, omit the breadcrumbs or replace them with gluten free breadcrumbs instead.
- Did you end up with leftovers? Cut up the salmon and layer it with the vegetables over a bed of couscous, quinoa, kale, or rice.
Storing leftover salmon
Wrap any leftover salmon fillets tightly in foil and store them in an airtight container. It should last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
More easy dinner recipes
Try these other quick and easy recipes the next time you’re craving a hassle-free dinner:
- Almond Crusted Salmon and Kale Salad
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Easy Chicken Madeira Recipe
- Oven Baked Chicken Pasta with White Sauce
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Oven Baked Salmon with Broccoli & Potatoes
- 1 lb baby potatoes washed & cut into bite pieces
- 1/2 red onion coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more for seasoning fish
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh, finely chopped
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lb broccoli cut into bite pieces
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 small lemon
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a big bowl combine cut potatoes, chopped red onion, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon of oil. Give it a good mix and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a same mixing bowl combine broccoli with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and give it a nice mix.
- After potatoes are done baking, slide them to a side of the baking sheet and add broccoli, bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, butter and parsley and give a nice stir until everything is combined.
- Next, make some room on a baking sheet for salmon fillets. Evenly squeeze 1/2 of small lemon over 4 salmon fillets, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the crumb mixture over the salmon fillets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes and potatoes are browned. Serve warm with an extra drizzle of olive oil over potatoes and broccoli (100% optional). Enjoy!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote Of The Day
Have an awesome day!