La Paella is a traditional dish from Spain.
This Spanish dish is super flavorful and can be made of all kind of seafood or just chicken.
The king ingredient for Paella Recipe is saffron. It is one of the most rare & expensive seasonings, which usually cost around $20 for 0.03oz. I noticed that my local Fred Meyer store sometimes has sale on seasonings and sometimes you can buy saffron for just $7.99. Saffron adds a rich flavor to Paella Dish.
This Paella Recipe is made of amazing ingredients like saffron, homemade chicken broth, chicken thighs, shrimp, peas, garlic, tomato, onion, paella rice, and garnished with fresh parsley.
Doesn’t it sounds amazing already?!?
Perfect dinner idea in just under 1 hour.
Now scroll down to see how to make Paella Recipe.
Chicken Thighs and Shrimp Paella Recipe - made of shrimps, chicken thighs, homemade broth, saffron, paprika, peas, garlic and etc. Make this flavorful and delicious dinner recipe in just under 1 hour. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cup hot chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Saffron, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup Paella rice, short grain rice (washed)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to Paella pan, fry chicken on a medium high heat, until brown on both sides, about 15minutes total.
- Add onion, saute until translucent color about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium low, add garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomato and paprika, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add hot chicken broth and saffron, bring it to a boil.
- Add rice, turn the heat to medium high and boil it uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and peas, boil it on medium high heat for another 10 minutes.
- Cover with foil paper and let Paella rest for 5 minutes.
If you make Chicken Thighs and Shrimp Paella Recipe please tag my name @munchkintimeblog and hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, I would LOVE to see your creation!
Did you like this Paella Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Don’t miss another yummy recipe subscribe to Munchkintime on your right ——->
Thank you for stopping by!
Quote Of The Day
Have an awesome day!