The best strawberry pie recipe is made with an easy batter, fresh strawberries, and a delicious sauce making this the moistest slice of pie you’ll ever eat! Summertime is the best time for all the strawberry desserts! Strawberry puff pastry and this strawberry rhubarb pie bars are just a couple of the recipes I have shared so far.
This strawberry pie recipe is definitely one of my favorites and I know you’re going to love it too! In fact it is the best recipe for strawberry pie you will ever make!
It’s not your average pie because it also has the qualities of a cake, so you’re getting the best of both worlds. First, there’s a batter topped with pieces of sweet strawberries and once it’s baked, we pour a delicious sauce overtop which gets absorbed into the pie-making it the moistest bite of deliciousness you’ve ever had!
I double the recipe every time I make it with my girls. It’s fluffy like a cloud, moist and so delicious, so what are you waiting for? Grab what you need, extra little hands, and let’s get baking!
Why You’ll Love this Strawberry Pie Recipe!
- It’s so quick and easy to make!
- A true crowd-pleaser and a hit with kids and adults alike!
- There’s no need to work with pastry or pie crusts.
- It works as a breakfast treat, a snack, or dessert.
- Enjoy it for special occasions, or casual weeknights!
- Butter, room temperature – Be sure to bring it out ahead of time to soften it by the time you use it.
- Flour – I use all-purpose as it works well to create a structure for the cake. It’s also neutral-tasting so it won’t alter the flavor of this pie.
- Sugar, divided – Regular granulated white sugar is perfect here. Adds just the right amount of sweetness! Will be added to the batter as well as the sauce.
- Vanilla extract – A delicious warming flavor that makes everything taste better. Use a good quality pure vanilla extract if you can. Sometimes you’ll find some brands have a powerful alcohol flavor. Avoid that if you can.
- Baking soda – A leavening agent that helps to give the pie a light fluffy rise, making it nice and light and airy.
- Eggs, divided – You’ll use eggs in the batter but keep one aside for the sauce on top.
- Strawberries – Be sure to wash them well, hull the green stem, and slice them. Pick strawberries that are bright red, plump, and sweet-smelling.
- Milk – Used as an ingredient in the sauce, along with the egg and sugar. You can use whatever milk you like. The higher the fat content, the richer the texture will be.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Pie
Step 1: First, grease a pie dish or an oven-safe cast iron skillet and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Beat the eggs, sugar, and butter together until creamed. Add in the flour, vanilla extract, and baking soda, and use an electric mixer to combine into a smooth batter.
Step 3: Pour the batter into the prepared pan or skillet. Then give it a gentle shake to level out, then place the sliced strawberries on top.
Step 4: Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Step 5: While the pie is baking, make the sauce by blending the egg, sugar, and milk until well combined.
Step 6: Now, remove the pie from the oven (do not turn it off!) and pour the sauce mixture over top of the pie while it is still hot so that it absorbs right down to the inside of the pie.
Step 7: Then, place it back in the oven to bake for another 25 minutes.
Step 8: Once it is done, allow it to sit and cool before slicing. Enjoy this moist and scrumptious strawberry pie!
Strawberry Pie Recipe Tips
- A reader suggested using a greased bundt pan for a different presentation!
- Greasing the pan is extremely important to create a nonstick surface. You don’t want to ruin the cake by getting it stuck to the bottom!
- Make sure to pick ripe, juicy, strawberries. They should have no discoloration on them, be plump, red, and smell like strawberries.
- This is a great recipe to use up all your homegrown strawberries or the bunch you picked up from the market. Don’t let them go bad! Use your leftovers to make this no bake strawberry mousse recipe!
What to Serve with Strawberry Pie
Sometimes I’ll sneak a piece for breakfast and have it with a nice hot cup of coffee. If it’s an afternoon snack, I’ll switch to tea!
My kids love it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or yogurt and when neither of those is an option, we’ll use whipped cream.
There’s nothing better than having a loose strawberry on your plate and using it to scoop up leftover cream. So good!
How to Store Leftover Pie
Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To freeze it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap then transfer it to a freezer-friendly Ziploc bag and keep frozen for up to 1 month.
Thaw in the fridge overnight and enjoy as is or warmed up a bit!
When YOU make Strawberry Pie Recipe PLEASE hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
Best Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cups butter room tempurature
- 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 7 oz strawberries about 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar and butter.
- Add flour, vanilla extract and baking soda. Mix with mixer.
- Pour the batter into greased baking form. Add sliced strawberries on top. Bake at for 30 minutes.
- While strawberry pie is baking lets prepare a sauce. In a blender, mix egg, sugar and milk. Then pour it over the top of the pie and place it in the oven for 25 more minutes.
- Let it cool! Cut a slice and enjoy this moist and scrumptious Strawberry Pie!
Q. Do YOU like this Strawberry Pie Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below we would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
This post was updated on July 7, 2022, the recipe didn’t change.
YUM! Found you on the Totally Terrific Tuesday linkup. Gotta make this strawberry pie.
Thank you Susan! Let me know if you liked it, I would love to hear from you!
Pingback: 50+ Best Strawberry Recipes
This looks so incredible! Loving it! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls
Such a wonderful pie! Pie is my favorite and I cannot wait to try it myself. I hope you will continue to submit your recipes to Yum Goggle. We have shared on all our social media outlets and we are now following you on all of yours! Kelli at Yum Goggle.
Thank you so much Kelli! I will be happy to share more recipes with Yumm Goggle. Have a wonderful day!
Pingback: Best Strawberry Pie Recipe from Munchkin Time - Yum Goggle
Mmmm! I need to make it with my little munchkin 🙂
Thank you Faith! You need to try it and let me know if you and your munchkin like it!?!
I made this strawberry cake yesterday for lunch and it was approved by my picky 6-year old, who ate two pieces and said that we need to save the recipe and make it again when we have guests. The only thing I did different is I used a different baking pan- I used bunt pan (which I oiled with coconut oil) and added a “kroshka” (flour, sugar and egg yolk- mixed very finally together) before adding batter to the pan. The crumbled topping melted- ym, yeah, but it formed this delicate and crunchy top. Yum! Keep these amazing recipes coming! Thank you for your hard work.
Thank you so much Tanya! I am so happy to hear that you and your picky 6 year old like this Strawberry Pie! Thank you so much for sharing with a different baking method, it sounds sooo delicious! I might try baking it again the way you did it with “kroshka”. Have a wonderful day!
I forgot to mention that I turned oven off after 15 min (2nd cooking time) but left my pie to continue to cook so that it dries and I had to leave the house for about 20-25 min. When I came back, the pie was so beautifully goldened and the arome was amazing.
When I had visitors, I made this pie again, but because some time has passed, I forgot that when I did it the first time, I let it dry a little longer in the turned off oven. The pie was OK. So, when I made this pie again, since we have some left over strawberries that no one wants to eat, I remembered to keep it a little longer in the turned off oven. It was again, wow!!!! This tastes so amazing!!! Thank you again for the awesome recipe.
I’m loving these munchkintime recipies! Thank you so much for sharing with us at VMG206 Brag About It!
Thank you so much Laurie!