David’s Nacho Cheese Dip – it is the best nacho cheese dip made with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, and loads of flavor! It’s a quick dip made in one pot which is perfect for when you need an easy snack or appetizer for any gathering!
This nacho cheese dip recipe might just be one of my all-time favorites! It’s thanks to my brother-in-law David who introduced me to this amazing dip and now I’m super excited to share it with you!
It’s a nacho dip recipe without cream cheese but instead uses a queso salsa, which is already a dip on its own! So you can imagine how much more flavor it adds. We’re combining it with juicy ground beef, refried beans, taco seasoning, and a can of Rotel for the ultimate beefy, cheesy, flavor-loaded dip.
It’s all done in one pot which makes clean-up super easy and when entertaining a crowd for game day parties, movie nights, or just some weekend fun with some easy appetizers, this dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
When YOU make this Nacho Cheese Dip Recipe, take a picture & tag your Food on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog we would love to see your creation!
Ingredients Needed for this Beef Queso
- Ground beef: I use lean ground beef for this recipe since I don’t drain the meat after. I find it produces less grease. You can decide if you want to drain your meat and use whatever type of ground beef you like. The higher the fat, the more flavor it produces anyway!
- Refried beans: Adds a nice thick consistency and delicious Mexican-inspired flavor!
- Rotel: A can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. It comes in mild or spicy, so it’s up to you how you like yours. Sometimes I’ll make my own using fresh tomatoes and green chilies.
- Salsa con queso: This combines salsa and queso dip (cheese dip). It’s the base of the creamy cheesiness in this nacho dip.
- Taco seasoning: Use a store-bought or homemade spice mix to season the ground beef to add a smoky, spiced flavor that this mixture needs!
- Salt and pepper: To taste.
How to Make Nacho Cheese Dip
Step 1: In a skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef. Season with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper, and brown the meat until it is no longer pink and cooked through.
Step 2: Remove excess grease if desired. Add refried beans to the pan and cook with the beef until combined and the mixture starts to boil.
Step 3: Now, pour in the salsa con queso along with the tomatoes and chilies and give it a good stir.
Step 4: Once it comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and serve.
- Do not overboil your dip. As soon as it starts to boil, remove it from the heat, otherwise, the cheese will begin to burn.
- Swap the ground beef with chorizo or Italian sausage if preferred!
- No need to drain the tomatoes either! The extra liquid helps to keep the dip from getting too thick.
- Serve warm. If you’re family and friends aren’t quite ready to eat yet, you can transfer the nacho cheese dip to a crockpot or Instant Pot and keep it on the warm setting until you’re ready to enjoy it.
- Double this recipe for a crowd, if you have a large enough pot or skillet.
What to Dip in Nacho Cheese
Learning how to make beef nacho cheese dip is fun. Deciding what to dip in it is even better!
Here are a few options:
- Tortilla chips
- Soft pretzels
- Crusty bread
- Pita bread
- Carrot & Celery sticks
You could even use this dip as a topping! Drizzle it over hot dogs or hamburgers, use it on pizza, or overtop your tacos!
How long does nacho cheese dip last?
Although it’s best served immediately, if you do have any left, make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge. This way it will last for a few days.
How to reheat the dip?
To reheat a small portion, pop it in the microwave for 20-second intervals. If you’re reheating a lot, you can use the stove over low heat, or the crockpot to warm through.
Can I freeze nacho cheese dip?
You can! Once thawed, you may notice a slight change in textures, so you might have to adjust for consistency.
Is there a way to make it spicier?
For sure! We like a little heat to ours too. You can use medium or spicy salsa con queso as well as medium or spicy Rotel. You can also add diced jalapenos to the pot as you’re mixing, or serve them on top. A dash of hot sauce couldn’t hurt either!
Easy Dinner Recipes:
Juicy Chicken Thighs Spanish Rice Recipe
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple and Peppers
Super Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
The Best Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz refried beans
- 10-12 oz diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 15.5 oz Salsa Con Queso
- Taco Seasoning to taste, we use about 1-2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, season ground beef with salt, pepper and taco seasoning and saute on a medium heat until it cooks thru.
- Next, add refried beans stir and cook until it starts bowling.
- Then, add Salsa Con Queso and tomatoes with chilies and give it a stir.
- Once it starts boiling turn of the heat and enjoy with tortilla chips.
Q. – Do YOU like these Nacho Cheese Dip Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
This is the only recipe for nacho dip I use. My husband constantly requests it. SO GOOD. I do substitute ground sausage for the ground beef though.
Thank you Masha, for this amazing recipe review! So happy you like this dip its our favorite too!
It must be delicious as everyone is dipping the tortilla chips in it!! I love cheese so I’m sure I would enjoy this too.
Thanks for stopping by at Sweet Inspiration and share this with us, have a great week!
Thank you Pili! This nacho cheese dip is my family’s favorite appetizer.
Oh my goodness! Totally swooning over this. Looks crazy good! All of my favorite things in one pot. I am crazy obsessed with that queso dip (shhh! don’t tell anyone!). I’m pinning this, sharing it on my FB page and will be making it pronto!
Thank you so much Natasha! This cheese dip is pretty amazing and super easy too! I am sure you and your family will enjoy it with some tortilla chips.
Thank you so much for pinning it on Pinterest and Facebook, you are amazing! Wow, this post was viewed the most for the past 2 days. And I wonder why. lol. Muchas Gracias senorita!
Oh my goodness, this is so sinfully delicious. Thanks for sharing this. Yum oh!
Thank you for stopping by! =)