Quick Breakfast Burrito Recipe – fully loaded and completely satisfying! It’s filled with sausage, seasoned eggs, tomato spread, and melty cheese wrapped in a warm and crispy tortilla!
It’s the perfect breakfast, brunch, or lunch idea but if breakfast for dinner is your thing, this is a great recipe for that!
I like to make more than I need and then freeze some by wrapping them in wax or parchment paper and placing it into a freezer-friendly container. That way I have them ready to reheat and go on busy mornings. Great for before school during the week too. I love knowing I’m sending my kids off to school with a protein-packed breakfast.
These bomb breakfast burritos are so much fun to make. They’re made by heating up the tortilla shell before you wrap them, so once they’re rolled up you cut it in half and dig in. They couldn’t be easier. I know you’ll love them, so grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed for Breakfast Burrito
- Large kielbasa: Take the casing off and cut the sausage into tiny pieces. I like using the Costco kielbasa with cheddar, but that’s just me!
- Olive oil: Needed for cooking the sausage. You can also use butter. The grease that is released from the sausage, along with the oil or butter, will be used later on to cook the eggs.
- Flour tortillas: Raw or cooked large (burrito size tortillas) is what I use to make sure they’re large enough to hold in all the fillings.
- Tomato bruschetta spread: If you have a homemade tomato bruschetta that you like to make, go ahead and whip that up. Otherwise, use whatever storebought jar you have.
- Eggs: Loaded with protein and Omega 3s, these are what make the burritos a breakfast burrito!
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, turmeric, Montreal steak spice. Salt, to taste.
- Cheddar cheese: I always recommend shredding cheese from a block yourself rather than pre-shredded from a bag. Both will work, but I do like the fresh taste and better melting capacity of the freshly grated.
- Beans: Any kind you want. Black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, refried beans, you name it.
As much as this version of a breakfast burrito recipe is perfect as is, there is definitely room for flexibility. If you can’t find certain items, or you want to use what you already have, here are some ideas of ways to switch things up:
- Meat: Crumble up breakfast sausage, use diced ham, bacon, ground beef, ground turkey, or Italian sausage instead.
- Cheese: Monterrey Jack, Mozzarella, Provolone, or Swiss cheese are also great choices.
- Bruschetta: If you can’t find a bruschetta spread, by all means, use salsa or sun-dried tomato paste!
- Veggies: Empty out your fridge and toss in whatever you’ve got. Mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, or spinach.
How to Make a Good Breakfast Burrito
Step 1: Sauté chopped kielbasa in a skillet over medium heat. Stir a few times and then remove from the heat and set that aside.
Step 2: If using raw flour tortillas, place them on the skillet to cook on one side. Remove it from the skillet, cooked side up, and spread the bruschetta spread on top.
Step 3: Cook the eggs two at a time. You only want a couple for each burrito. Crack them into a small bowl, and season with salt, Montreal steak spice, turmeric, and garlic powder to taste. Whisk until combined and then pour the egg mixture into the same skillet you used to cook the sausage.
Step 4: Once you’ve poured the egg mixture into the skillet and swirled it around to coat the entire bottom of the pan, allow it to cook. Sprinkle with cooked kielbasa pieces, beans, and cheese.
Step 5: Grab your tortilla, the one that has the bruschetta spread, and place it face down onto the egg mixture. Press down with your fingers and cook for a few minutes over medium-low heat until the egg whites are cooked.
Step 6: Use a spatula to get right underneath it all and carefully flip the entire thing over so that the uncooked side of the tortilla is now on the bottom. Use your other hand to hold everything steady if needed.
Step 7: Cook the tortilla until it is golden then remove it to a cutting board to cool off for a bit. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Step 8: Once everything has been assembled, roll each tortilla up into a burrito and cut it in half. Enjoy!
Ways to Serve Breakfast Burrito
As with any burrito you can choose to eat it as is, serve it with a side dish, or with your favorite toppings. These breakfast burritos have a bit of a TexMex-inspired flare to them, so you can really take them in any direction you want.
Here are just a few ideas for sides and toppings:
- Breakfast potatoes (or hashbrowns)
- Sautéed bell peppers and onions
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Burrito sauce
How to Freeze Breakfast Burrito
If you’ve made a lot whether on purpose or not, it’s always great to have extra to freeze for later!
Once they are completely cooled, wrap them separately in parchment paper and transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-friendly bag to keep them frozen for up to 1 month.
When I’m ready to enjoy them again, thaw in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, you can use the air fryer, a skillet, or the oven to heat them through. So easy!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe FAQs
How to keep my tortilla shells from drying out?
If you are leaving them exposed to the air for long periods of time, you’ll notice that your tortilla shells might start to harden. To help avoid this, damp a paper towel just slightly and cover the stack of shells as you work.
Can I make these vegetarian?
Absolutely! Skip the sausage and increase the number of beans used. You can also add extra heartiness by loading it up with veggies as well.
Why is my burrito falling apart?
My guess is, it’s overstuffed! As much as we want to load it with all the yummy things, it’s important that you don’t overfill it. The tortilla won’t be able to get around it tightly enough and things will start to spill out.
When YOU make Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe PLEASE hashtag #munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1 large Kielbasa peeled and cut into tiny pieces (I like Costco Kielbasa with cheddar cheese)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 4 flour tortillas raw or cooked
- tomato bruschetta spread
- 8 eggs
- garlic powder to taste
- Montreal Steak Spice to taste
- turmeric ground, to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated, more if desired
- 1/4 cup beans any kind, more if desired
- First, using a skillet saute over medium heat chopped kielbasa and olive oil until golden color, about few minutes, stirring few times, remove from the heat and set aside. If using raw tortilla cook one side, then spread the bruschetta spread, about 1 tablespoon, on the cooked side, set aside. If using cooked tortilla no cooking needed, simply spread the bruschetta spread and set aside.
- Now, using small bowl, crack two eggs, season with salt, Montreal steak spice, turmeric and garlic powder, to taste. Whisk until everything is combined. Pour the egg mixture into a heated non-stick skillet (the same skillet you used to saute keilbasa). Sprinkle cooked kielbasa pieces, beans and cheese over the top.
- Place tortilla with tomato spread face down onto the egg mixture, press down with fingers. Cook for few minutes on medium-low heat or until the egg whites are cooked.
- Using spatula flip the tortilla on the other side, cook until tortilla is golden color. Remove onto a cutting board and let cool off a little. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Now roll the tortilla into a burrito, cut in half and enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Breakfast Burrito Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below we would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!